I'm logged out!

I have tried many passwords... (more than 5 times ... in 5 minutes) and for some reason the forgotten link doesn't send reminder password (though as I'm looking in the database the email is entered correctly).

I have two options:

a) I can somehow open registeration through ftp and create a new user and then copy the password and salt to my admins fields.

b) this seems a bit strange but since I am desperate here I can post the md5 and salt and hope someone here can decode it.

or even there is an option c) here which is closing the computer and going to bed and hope tomorrow is a better day.

so many choices...

• forget it ! --> md5 cannot be "decoded" back to clear text ;-P you have s test elgg install ? just delete database and reinstall for new admin id & passwd ;-)

• You can access the database and change the password and salt fields for your username. Use MySQL's md5 function to generate the password and keep the salt blank.

The query will look something like (DON'T run this without checking your server):

UPDATE elgg_users_entity SET password = MD5('your_new_password'), salt = '' WHERE user = 'your_username' limit 1;

• Hello, 

I would lik eto create a new user as admin, ( my table elgg_user_entities is empty)

but i dont know how? I need to create it from my site? or just in databases ?

I tried both of them, but I cant login, 

Do I have to reinstall databases?

help please

help please

• Are u able to create a new user ???

• I dont have any user in my table elgg_users_entity, so I want to create an admin for it 

• @senfour19 - You need to run the installation. Read the README file or check out http://docs.elgg.org/ Also, in the future please create a new topic for unrelated issues.

• @Brett So I need to reinstall elgg? start from the beguning thne?

• K Start from first one more time..

1)reg one new user 

2)come to back end directly go to metadata table there u can see 4 newly entered user detailz

for example-->

3)delete the second row completly

4) Make 1st row enabled as yes

text

(timevalue)

no

text

(timevalue)

no

text

(timevalue)

yes

text

(timevalue)

yes

5)change the 3rd row vale 53 to  chane owner_id to new guid (in this eg guid is 51)

6)change 4th row also set owner id value( in my case 0 to 51)

After editing table like this:

text

(timevalue)

yes

text

(timevalue)

yes

text

(timevalue)

yes

7)go to entities table set guid 51(in my case) enable yes

8)go to user_entity table set guid 51 as admin

• @senfour19 - If you don't have any entries in the user table at all that means you didn't create the initial admin user during installation.

Beginning Developers

Beginning Developers

This space is for newcomers, who wish to build a new plugin or to customize an existing one to their liking