Integration of elgg with CMS

can anyone please suggess me how I can integrate elgg with CMS??
I know that by using the session of CMS into elgg, it is possible..
But still I am little bit confused about how I can do that.......

Please Help me out..
Thanks in advance............

• I have one ERP software named Campus Management System(CMS) and I want to integrate elgg with that..

• Well ;-) you've narowed it down from about 200+ wlel-known CMS`s! 'Campus Management Systems ERP' does not return anything specific in Google ;( Do you have a URL whwre one could quickly read up on what on earth this 'CMS' is ? Then perhaps we can say something sensible or useful. Otherwise.. in general -- you're most likely looking at some fair amount of not-trivial code develoment in PHP ('CMSys' is in PHP right ?) to intergrate the two disparate platforms for data-exchange.. not quite something to be covered in casual topic posts as @here... ;-)

• The system that I made as Campus Management System is on the below url you can see that.....
    In that system there is one block after login named social and collaborative learning through which I want to integrate it with elgg...
    http://apps.triz.co.in/sattvavikas/

• FIRST -- no real need for the login - you shud delete that id & pswd from this here public place ;-)

ATCI/Stwvk -- Looks like Drupal, SuperFish and similar usual tools/ technologies.

If you want to access Elgg via the Drupal logged-in authentication - need to override Elgg's auth/PAM and retirieve such info from the Drupal side

OR - maybe duplicate the Drupal Auth data into Elgg (either via session-specific detals or in the Elgg DB) - then can switch/swap between the two segments.

Expect some brain/ synaptic pathways' expenditure - b/c such integrations - in general - are not simplistic nor for weak-hearted programers.

• I already did the integration with many more applications...
    but the elgg framework is quite new for me...that's why I have asked this to all of you.....
    moreover this post is not public....

• well... this sort of integration has been done before for elgg by developers here - from many various external platforms - either using php session & other relevant data, selective PAM, Auths , etc.  I have myself worked only with jooma and wp integrations to elgg, tho not.. drupal ;(

what integration code are you trying to make work with elgg and what issues (error messages, etc?) prevent that code from behaving properly. if you want to post your code here - for sure.. some of the elgg experts here can help with debugging your integration problems.

• The post is public and I did you a favor by removing the credentials. Don't ever, ever do that again please.

• @DhrupDeScoop: I want the not the code but just the steps for integrating the application by using session........can you please suggess me how and where I can use the session of the parent integrated application into the elgg application....because I tried it but the flow from login to logout is quite hard to understand for me.....

@Evan Winslow : ohk....thank you...and I made that post as only my friends could see it none of them could see....

• re: "ohk....thank you.." I told you so before  but you did not listen ;-) And look what you done . Got a top-level Site-Admin to intervene and correct your flukey slip-up ;-)

The 'Steps for integrating....' were outlined above :=
    If you want to access Elgg via the Drupal logged-in authentication - need to override Elgg's auth/PAM and retirieve such info from the Drupal side
    OR - maybe duplicate the Drupal Auth data into Elgg (either via session-specific detals or in the Elgg DB) - then can switch/swap between the two segments.

Which parts of those suggetions did you find lacking ? There's sufficient up there to create further pathways for more reseach and to "run with it" in a pretty well-informed manner..

" use the session of the parent integrated application" != make little sense to me.. do you wanna elaborate what you mean ? I can guess what might be on your mind.. but much better if you say so in your own words ;-) The point here is that if you're gonna write 2-3 sentence questions... you should not expect a detailed ste-by-step thesis on how to integrate Elgg with unknown pieces of code using 'session' ;-) if you have 'tried it.. but... !"@^#$%*&^?? ' in order to help you - you will have to supply more detailed information. e.g

1. What code have you tried ?
    2. What errors or problems did you encounter ?
    3. What areas of the Elgg API have you connected with succesfully ?
    4. Which area have given you problems ?

That's at least 4 different areas of information which you will need to cover to make progress. If you try answering these queries ;-) You can start to expect well-formed answers which will most likely help you to get the appropriate and correct code written for your integration...

"flow from login to logout..." does not say vey rmuch and -- that s a rather large processing logic area to cover. Have you tried reading thru http://reference.elgg.org/1.8/classes.html and http://docs.elgg.org/wiki/Main_Page#Development ? There's a literal gold-mine of information there for you to just pick up and carry away to get your integration project going f-a-s-t.. ;-P