ajax & comments

i've been testing various plugins to get that 'fb style' with regard to comments.. so that includes enabling:

ajax comments in river and elsewhere
deletion and editing of comments

there are several plugins i've played with:

hypalive
advanced_comments
river_addon
editable_comments
comment_tracker

all for elgg 1.8.

between them i have all the features i desire for my site.. however, hypealive is the only one that allows ajaxed commenting and as far as i am seeing it uses its own comment storage system.. so the comments on the river don't make it to the objects (blogs etc) as comments and it doesn't interact with the other plugins either.

if i disable hypealive i can get most of the other functions working fine.. 
so i'm wondering what is the smoothest approach to getting this feature merged into an existing plugin..

or if anyone knows if any of the developers of these plugins are already intending to integrate this into one of them?

thanks

• ;-oO - 1) dont think 'ajax' gonna be elgg`ed feature in a hurry - too much on the whiteboard. some level/s of funkyyy ajax`ing @ elgg *was done @google-code last year or so  -just lookup approp github areas for those. ontegrate -> 1 - most likely not ;( we Devs not cooperate (some even not tawlk!) mucho lolzo ;-X but bright side = can always roll yr own ajax.

• for me its a major feature for the site.. these usability features make the difference between people using an elgg site and not using an elgg site when they desire to comment a lot and wait wait wait for each comment to process instead of .. click, type. done. next.

i don't even want to use my own site until its in there. ;)

i already coded some ajax elements for 1.7 but i just don't have the desire, energy or 'time' presently to constantly revision these elements every time the core changes a relevant part.. since the code basically already exists between hypealive and 1/2 of the others and river-addon just had some of the features of hypealive added, i think the solution of merging them is most appropriate.

i had a quick look around github and saw 800 or so elgg related projects and none immediately arose other than axify.. most likely that could be used or something similar, i myself right now do not have space for it.

maybe i will speak with gillie, since he just added part of the hypealive functions to river_addon

• hype posted a comment awhile back that in the next update of hypealive there will be the addition of deletion (cant remember if it said anything about editable) and the ability to change the direction of comments (ie top to botton or bottom to top).  I to have look at all the plugins that you mentioned and currently use hypealive but desire some of the features off the other plugins.  I did successfully take the code from river addon and apply it to river column 3C to ajax it.  Might try to mix and match some of the other features into hype alive or another program, although it is slow and painful for me to do anything on a computer

• i saw that yes, however, that was posted 200+ days ago and even if that is added, the way it over-rides the standard elgg comments also really needs to be changed too.. (i think that is what is occurring, i haven't looked at the code).

• caint speak w/ gillie b/c he sez he grabbed ajax stuff off IK & hype code ;)

• have you tried ajax comments by webgalli yet?

• i have posted a message against the river addon plugin to see if he intends to extend what he has integrated already from ik.

• aha.. i didn't see the webgalli one.. that works great, thanks. :)

now the only issue is that the comments are posting to the bottom of the list for objects.. when i have the sort direction going the other way around using jeroens advanced_comments.