Add Spanish as a new language for documentation.

I don't know if this topic comes here, so if not, please say to me where to write it.

I read this article wrote by Evans about how to help in the project of Elgg. It refers to this page where the documentation about Elgg 1.9 is. I want to translate it, if there's nobody that is in it now. Or if somebody is in it, help them.

• I don't think there is anyone working on a spanish documentation at the moment.

But as Evan says:

We aren't planning on supporting translations officially right now, but if you're strongly interested in maintaining something, please let us know in the feedback group and we can discuss further.

The core team is not unanimous whether translations should be accepted to the official documentation. The reason is simple: there is no way to guarantee the quality and correctness of the documentation. I understand this; If I were in the core team, I wouldn't want to accept any content in a language that I cannot even understand!

Currently the core team is busy with Elgg 1.9 and porting the English documentation to the new location. So I believe the translations are on a low priority at the moment.

However! This doesn't prevent you from already starting the translation. You can work on it in your own git branch. If a day comes that translations are accepted, you already have much of the work finished!

• @Juho If the core team decides to allow a Spanish Documentation I can volunteer to check the quality and correctness of the Spanish translation

Rodolfo Hernandez

Arvixe/Elgg Community Liaison

Feedback and Planning

Feedback and Planning

Discussions about the past, present, and future of Elgg and this community site.