Login from external site

Hi, is it possible to login to elgg from an external site? I dont know how to handle the tokens etc. Thanks for help. 

• What do you want to achieve here ? Your simplistic 2 liner does not provide sufficient information ;-( I myself was trying something which maybe similar. I had wanted to go from PC XAMPP to e.g. community.elgg.org - using some php script and automatically login, and then fetch my content, send posts and generally interact there, but "behind the scene" using scripted actions e.g. lookup my special groups' topics, etc. I did start some code in this area but have not had spare time to quite finish.

• @Dhrup sorry i was in a hurry and forget to explain my goals 

Im only looking for the possibility to login to my elgg site from an external site (other root or other server). Ive tried to use the following form but of course it doesn`t work. I am not a programmer ;-)

<form action="http://www.myserver.xx/action/login" method="POST" ><input type="hidden" name="Elgg" value=" " /> <input type="hidden" name="__elgg_token" value=" " /> <input type="hidden" name="__elgg_ts" value="xxxxxxxx" /> <p class="loginbox"><label>Benutzername <input type="text" name="username" value=" " class="login-textarea"/> </label>&nbsp;<label>Passwort <input type="password" name="password" value="" class="login-textarea" /> </label><input name="" type="submit" class="submit_button" value="Anmelden" /><br /><label><input type="checkbox" name="persistent" value="true" />Angemeldet bleiben</label> </form>

• Hi, I'm new with elgg and I'm having just the same problem.

Did you finally solve this issue? Could you explain how did you?

Thanks!

• awww heckz - dis a an olddd post - me not remember.. ;-) i reckon since then we have some plugins to do what Niels had wanted, I posted @another Topic past few days - look for Afioni & SiBaz's plugins for 'Remore Login'.. maybe outdated @ v.1.7 - but hey who cares ? can always update the code here & there abit and make it work ;P