Can't seem to turn off Captcha. Any idea why?

This woman was telling me she couldn't sign up because she was having trouble seeing the Captcha. So I disabled that tool. But captcha is still showing up on the registration page. Any idea why and how to turn it off?

Thanks,

doug

• abandoned

If you have Site Access enabled, it has it's own captcha built into the code.

• Ah. I do have that enabled. And it doesn't have an option in its settings to turn it off unfortunately.

doug

• abandoned

Yes, you have to disable it somewhere in the code as there's no admin option to do that.

Unfortunately, I don't know where or how to do that in the code.

• I was using both Captcha and Site Access and was having trouble registering users. If you disable the Captcha then site access should work. Make sure the action/register and account/register.php are in the approved area!

• I was actually looking at the same thing last week - the captcha is indeed hardcoded and it seems that it's only turned on if SiteAdmin plugin detects that the GD (php graphics library) is installed. It would've been rather easy to comment out that check and fool it but it makes that check in a number of places and now it just begins to be a mess to patch the code all over.

Where's the author? can we put that SiteAdmin code on a public repository like on Google so other developers can contribute to it's improvement? I've done the same thing with my Recommendations plugin as well as with the Poll plugin and it only did them both very good.