Enroll a date

Hi all,

First of all, thanks for creating this plugin. It's great!

However, I have some question about this plugin, is there a way to be able for the user to schedule an appointment with some other user? So after the appointment is made and confirmed by the other user, it appears in both of their calendars. Kind of like a friend request, but for an event.

Thanks

• Hi Marcom,

No, I'm afraid not. My clients occasionally fund enhancements to this plugin, but it is an event calendar rather than an appointment calendar, so I think that this feature is really beyond the scope of the plugin.

• Thanks Kevin,

I was afraid so. I guess I better get into this elgg mentality and start coding some plugins. Taking into account that I have some programming experience (not elggs though), do you have any advice in how I may go about building this kind of plugin? Also, how did you manage to learn how to program for elgg? Any useful resources you refer to continuously?  Thanks!

• When I started with Elgg, there were very few docs, so I read the source.

I highly recommend that. Just take a day or two, go to engine/lib and start reading.

The source is very well documented.

Of course you can also read the docs. They are much better now. Click on the link above.

• Thanks for the guidance Kevin. I did read the docs, they were helpful.

I guess I'll move on to move the source, hopefully that helps. Most of the time I understand the code, the problem is getting into the mentality of a whole package, not just looking at one file by one file.

Time will help :)

-Thanks!