The requested URL /action/login was not found on this server

My site homepage is loading, not as good as it was supposed to be. When I press the login button, it directs me to http://www.buddygo.net/action/login and shows this message:

The requested URL /action/login was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Please help me with this. I'm using Elgg 1.8.0.1

• Was it a clean install or an upgrade? It seems like your site is broken.

Rodolfo Hernandez

Arvixe/Elgg Community Liaison

• It was up till yesterday. Today morning when I checked it, this error came up.

It was a clean installation.

• I think something is wrong with your Apache webserver resulting in the rewrite rules defined in Elgg's .htaccess file not being executed. This also causes the CSS layout not loading correctly. Maybe mod_rewrite is currently not enabled or not running. Check out the Apache configuration, restart Apache or ask your webhoster if something is wrong with it. Or maybe your .htaccess file got corrupted for some reason. Compare your .htaccess file with the file htaccess_dist if there are any differences that could explain your problem.

• Or maybe there is a problem with a plugin you recently installed? If the problem started only after installing a new plugin this might cause the issue.

• I think its an error with the server. I think you are right, iionly. I'm trying to contact the server for the same. Thanks..

• I'm still having trouble with this. I made the admin to restart it a few times, but the error still abides. Please help.

• can you still disable your plugins. Try that to lessen the possibilities also make sure the host admin knows that mod_rewrite must be enabled. Check that your is rewritable 777. i'm just trying to save you some time when someone comes to help you later that actually knows what they are talking about.

ALSO.. You must do this as advised.. what is the result

.htaccess file with the file htaccess_dist if there are any differences that could explain your problem

• Also though wait for advice before doing this, you should in my oppinion use the 1.8.1 beta if your site needs tinymce and the embed plugin to work.

• Thanks everyone...... It was the error with HTACCESS....