Garbage collector, logrotator and etc

Just wondering if turning off these things is bad? or having them on is good :P?

It seems every friday or so my site crashes from something and i'mm point it to t he garbage collector because it says something about garbage.

• It is not bad. Those are tools to maintain your network. What hosting are you using?

Rodolfo Hernandez

Arvixe/Elgg Community Liaison

• Query Execution Was Interrupted

QUERY: SELECT Count(DISTINCT E.Guid) As Total FROM Elgg_entities E JOIN Elgg_metadata N_table On E.Guid = N_table.Entity_guid JOIN Elgg_metadata N_table1 On E.Guid = N_table1.Entity_guid JOIN Elgg_metastrings Msn1 On N_table1.Name_id = Msn1.Id JOIN Elgg_metastrings Msv1 On N_table1.Value_id = Msv1.Id JOIN Elgg_metadata N_table2 On E.Guid = N_table2.Entity_guid JOIN Elgg_metastrings Msn2 On N_table2.Name_id = Msn2.Id JOIN Elgg_metastrings Msv2 On N_table2.Value_id = Msv2.Id JOIN Elgg_metadata N_table3 On E.Guid = N_table3.Entity_guid JOIN Elgg_metastrings Msn3 On N_table3.Name_id = Msn3.Id JOIN Elgg_metastrings Msv3 On N_table3.Value_id = Msv3.Id WHERE (((Msn1.String = 'ToId' AND BINARY Msv1.String = 2 AND ( (1 = 1) And N_table1.Enabled='Yes')) AND (Msn2.String = 'ReadYet' AND BINARY Msv2.String = 0 AND ( (1 = 1) And N_table2.Enabled='Yes')) AND (Msn3.String = 'Msg' AND BINARY Msv3.String = 1 AND ( (1 = 1) And N_table3.Enabled='Yes')))) AND ((E.Type = 'Object' AND E.Subtype IN (16))) AND (E.Site_guid IN (1)) AND (E.Owner_guid IN (2)) AND ( (1 = 1) And E.Enabled='Yes')

?

• Yew kinda didn't answer his questions ;-)
    And.. ?have you tried? the trusted Google for =>
    " Query Execution Was Interrupted "

• haha I did i found this :P

You're in luck  - help is here 
    and.. this is not an Elgg or PlugIn problem ;-)

DhrupDeScoop 134 days ago

• I did the search using this :P

I found lots of other sites but it seems no one else ran into the problem :[

My database table elgg_error crashed today and i've been getting that error with slowdowns on my site. I wonder......

• hmm i think the strange thing is, that this 'Query Execution Was Interrupted' only occurs on my admin account when visiting my administration panel while it seems fine on an user account

• yes, this happend to me too, but my host have a tool to repair database, and i used it , every thing now is ok.

• @PaixLand what is the tool?

• My error log :P

[12-Nov-2011 10:54:01] *** FATAL EXCEPTION *** : exception 'DatabaseException' with message 'Sort aborted

QUERY: SELECT m.*, n.string as name, v.string as value from elgg_metadata m JOIN elgg_entities e ON e.guid = m.entity_guid JOIN elgg_metastrings v on m.value_id = v.id JOIN elgg_metastrings n on m.name_id = n.id where m.entity_guid=1 and m.name_id='1' and (  (e.access_id IN (2)

OR (e.owner_guid = -1)

OR (

e.access_id = 0

AND e.owner_guid = -1

)

) and e.enabled='yes') and (  (m.access_id IN (2)

OR (m.owner_guid = -1)

OR (

m.access_id = 0

AND m.owner_guid = -1

)

) and m.enabled='yes') ORDER BY m.id ASC' in /home/forumwlink/public_html/weforumwcom179/engine/lib/database.php:187

Stack trace:

#0 /home/forumwlink/public_html/weforumwcom179/engine/lib/database.php(269): execute_query()

#1 /home/forumwlink/public_html/weforumwcom179/engine/lib/metadata.php(431): get_data()

#2 /home/forumwlink/public_html/weforumwcom179/engine/lib/entities.php(241): get_metadata_byname('SELECT m.*, n.s...', Resource id #54)

#3 /home/forumwlink/public_html/weforumwcom179/engine/lib/entities.php(192): ElggEntity->getMetaData('SELECT m.*, n.s...', 'row_to_elggmeta...')

#4 /home/forumwlink/public_html/weforumwcom179/engine/lib/entities.php(264): ElggEntity->get('1', 'email')

#5 /home/forumwlink/public_html/weforumwcom179/engine/lib/configuration.php(204): ElggEntity->__get('email')

#6 /home/forumwlink/public_html/weforumwcom179/engine/lib/elgglib.php(728): configuration_init('email')

#7 /home/forumwlink/public_html/weforumwcom179/engine/lib/elgglib.php(804): events()

#8 /home/forumwlink/public_html/weforumwcom179/engine/start.php(93): trigger_elgg_event('email')

#9 /home/forumwlink/public_html/weforumwcom179/index.php(13): require_once('/home/forumwlink/...')

#10 {main}

• Yup No one here is required to give free help ;) thought I'd just ask.

Been struggling with this (yup searched Google & and new install). It's been fine for about 2.5 months now but it just suddenly out of no where started poping these things :P

I'm thinking there is a problem with the database but I've done repair from both cash and the cpanel. 

The elgg_metadata has about 1,985,617 rows Hmmmmmmmmm 

If anyone could give me a 'push' in the right direction without killing the database that'll be great :) how young do they have to be ;)