Re install Elgg 1.8.3

When I got to my admin I get this error:

Warning: require_once(include/settings.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/content/18/8931218/html/admin/init.php on line 113

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'include/settings.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/php5/lib/php') in /home/content/18/8931218/html/admin/init.php on line 113

When I click on "function require-once" it redirect me to admin, but I get Invalid Admin Section.

If I now click on Dashboard I get redirected to the normal Admin panel - and everything work fine.

I got a tip to dowload a fresch copy and install it over the current instalation, But how excactly is this done without loosing any data/members.

I hope someone can asstist me

Thanks in Advance - I dont know/undertand nothing about Php

Piet - 

• The data/members are stored in the database and in the data directory.  If you upload a new copy of the elgg engine you won't lose any of that.  It seems like it can't find the settings file, have you removed any files, or changed any permissions on the server?  Has the site been functional previously?

• Hi Matt 

Thanks - I may have removed files by accident - but the site is functional as we speak - where are the settings file located - in engine or are you refering to settings.php in include. According to me I only change the permitions for instalation are think I have set it back again afterwards.Can i yust replace the settings in engine with a new settings.php from a new instalation - I see my current setting.php in engine has a size of 3157 and settings in another installed 1.8.3 is 3136 - maybe I somewhere replaced it with the wrong settings?

Thanks for your time

Piet