Edit default elgg login page

• Public

Edit default elgg login page

Started by Anthony 743 days ago Replies (13)

Can anyone tell me the path to the file for editing the default elgg 1.8.3 login page please .......

Replies

• Speedysnail6 743 days ago

Are you looking for the login box itself or the whole page.

WHOLE PAGE

If you don't have custom_index or any other plugins like that installed, just edit the index.php of your Elgg directory.

Take a look at my ElggPanel plugin. You can customize the home page.

THE LOGIN BOX

The form can be edited in views/default/forms/login.php of your elgg directory.

• Anthony 743 days ago

I wanted to put a picture, put it does not appear......

I searching for the login box where it's written

Welcome

Privace terms about

it is not found in the login.php file

• Trajan 743 days ago

Please do not edit the index.php of your Elgg directory. Don't touch core files!!!

The custom_index plugin should do what you need.

• Anthony 743 days ago

@Trajan, it is not found in the index.php !! An custon index plugin don't change the ""welcome"

• Matt Beckett 743 days ago

@Anthony - it looks like you're using a custom theme that is overwriting the view, since privacy/terms/about is not usually part of the login box.  I assume you're creating a new plugin to put this code into, make sure it's the bottom-most plugin and that your file in views/default/forms/login.php is in the exact directory structure.  You will probably want to copy that file from your theme and just make changes to it instead of rewriting it from scratch.

• Anthony 740 days ago

@Matt Beckett

Sorry for the late reply. No I'm not using any particular theme. In the configuration panel of elgg 1.8.3 (Installed from scratch) I go to :-

Administration

Configure

Settings

Advanced Settings

Restrict pages to logged-in users

and I put a tick next to Restrict pages to logged-in users

Once that is done you log out. You then got a box where the privacy/terms/about is on your left next to login.

And in the path views/default/forms/login.php there is nothing about privacy/terms/about position and so on.

• ElggCloud 740 days ago

Anthony, if you restrict pages to logged-in users then you have a private network.

In this case, your default login page is the following:

<your elgg website>/views/default/page/walled_garden.php

Your theme plugin should override this page

<your elgg website>/mod/mycooltheme/views/default/page/walled_garden.php

To customize the login box itself you need to override the default login form:

<your elgg website>/views/default/forms/login.php

with your own one in your theme plugin:

<your elgg website>/mod/mycooltheme/views/default/forms/login.php

• Anthony 739 days ago

@Elggcloud

Thank you for the info, I'll work it work. Really appreciated !

• Anil 692 days ago

You can change the login page at /views/default/core/walled_garden/login.php

• Artur Vieira 692 days ago

Hi, I'm new at this, so if I want to change the default login page, by changing some names like instead of Log In having Sign up; or having Keep me logged instead of Remember me; and want to change the positions of some of the names like putting Lost password in front of the box of Password, I need to make a new pluggin or to go change the /views/default/forms/login.php 

Thank you

• Speedysnail6 692 days ago

if you want to change log in to sign up, edit languages/en.php

• Artur Vieira 689 days ago

@speedysnail6 thank you for your help, and about the position of some names where I need to go to change them?

Thank you 

• A N 407 days ago

This works well and after changing the login.php, it works like a charm. However, I want to change the "Welcome to: <Community Name>" to some logo or text. Where do I change that?

You must log in to post replies.