RPG/MMO Games/Virtual Reality

I am looking at building a RPG/MMO/Virtual Reality Server to work with Elgg and I am interested in making contact with any HeavyWeight developers who would be interested in teaming up. If you're one of this group and can handle my activty threshhold and my wicked sense of humor -- send me a PM. This project *will be a $$PAID (we aint cheap) project -- you need to satisfy me (The Best of the Best) that you better really know your shitz re: AJAX, SWF, Flash...

• Hmmm;;;;; I forgot I had my own post here on same topic !! Soooo now i write here ;-)

[Darkwing Duck]
    20 days ago

Cool project.. Would you be interested in a partnership in this?

[Zakary Venturo]
    2 days ago

well there is something interesting going on in the land of google called O3D, which is an attempt to standardize 3D graphics in the browser. There are some cool examples out there and it is open source.

MMORPG's are a keen interest of mine and one other option could be tying a MUD to google earth, creating your own layer and geographical feed, and using the MUD to generate the twitch/stat functions.

There are some really cool MUD's out there for free as well, to atleast create a base. The difference between a MUD and MMO is that MUD's are straight forward text based entities, but that doesnt mean they can't be enhanced, and in fact this is pretty much how they evolved into MMORPG's in the first place.

Another place to look is at www.worldforge.org

[Zakary Venturo]
    2 days ago

and i forgot, probably the most interesting MMORPG i have seen lately is one called parrallel kingdom and I believe you can only play it on iphones and androids.

what makes this one interesting is that it uses google maps as a world. rather interesting stuff, even if in a way it is very low tech compared to the world of WOW.

[DhrupDeScoop]
    2 days ago

Thanks for your notes, Zak. Very interesting ;-) O3D is catching my interest. I have managed to make contact with some 3D heavyweights -- Neo-Visuals, SiteSpinner and Virtual Mechanics to get their input into some of the ideas I have running around inside my head - and have built a close relationship with some the top guns in those organizations... so we may be heading towards some interesting toys which we want to build for FK. We've already got some 3D-Chat PlugIn running there - it's a hoot for the kids ;-) and we're starting with one 3D world based RPG/MMO thingy LOLZ ;-) --> Kids just wanna play games. After my original post 18 days ago I did not get *any quick and serious developer responses at all. So I hunted around and happily found some good people. But for now.. I need to wait until the top gun gets back from his little yachting stunt in the baja california regions.

[Zakary Venturo]
    2 days ago

yeah.. well, there is always a delay with folks who are neck deep into projects and might have at least a note on some things to go from there.

but you do not just need 3D people, while that is obviously important because it makes for a fun playground, you also need some fundemental quest writing, character balancing (as in if you have different classes=roles and making sure each one has a specific reason for their conception, and generally making each one still fun. I realize you are probably not too concerned with a totally hardcore game, but those elements allow for some feeling of being the character and why each choice helps solidify that identity.

I could also mention that games like EQ, which has been around unreasonable amount of time, can be run off an emulator and customized with php.

• Games, Games ;-P I've started on the design for an AJAX'ed, Rich Graphics (just got hold of DAZ 3D;), interactive games to be built as PlugIns/Widgets for the Elgg platform. Why should only those FB people backed by Zynga have such more fun ? Besides the Children have been itching for something like this for quite some time. They even started a Poll on FKKids.Com called " Is FKKids better or facebook?" LOLZ and send me PMs asking if I need help with the technicals of FK. Some kids actually seems to know how to program with HTML, etc and Python ! ;-oO

Anyways.. I hope there might be others out here who can handle the technology needed to instigate such a PlugIn for building RPG/MMO Games. The few "Games" out here are really kid-stuff, embedding SWF Games and soon.

Any Takers ? And that means if you're gonna post here merely saying "oohhh, that's a gret idea, please go ahead and code something like that for free for us.." - you're not gonna be making much real sense.

Be fair, be sincere..