Matt Beckett's plugins:
This plugin allows groups to be created as sub-groups of groups.
Properties of Subgroups
- only members of the parent group can join a sub-group
- sub-groups are fully qualified groups in their own right, may have sub-groups of their own
- infinite depth of sub-groups
- breadcrumb navigation on group pages shows path from parent to current group
- groups owner block contains link to parent group- groups owner block contains link to subgroups
- when users leave a parent group, they are removed from all subgroups
Creating a subgroup
- subgroup automatically inherits colors/backgrounds from parent if group custom layout is used
Deletion of a group
- if the group has subgroups, all subgroups will be deleted
- content within subgroups can be reassigned to the original owner, to the parent group, or deleted
Updating a group
- if the group has subgroups, and the visibility of the group becomes more restrictive, the visibility of subgroups is updated to be at least that restrictive
Produced for and with the support of Athabasca University, Canada.
Yes, unfortunately parts of it rely on the 'route' hook utilized in pagehandler hijack, so they are incompatible currently. The problem is actually with pagehandler hijack, not this.
If you want to try to make them compatible it's a case of needing to trigger the route plugin hook with the original parameter while pagehandler hijack has control. For example if you renamed groups to clubs, then in the hook for 'route', 'clubs' you need to translate clubs => groups and re-trigger the hook with 'groups' instead of 'clubs'.
@Jose - I just re-tested that scenario, and the non-admin user could create subgroups. Tested both with the transfer of the top level group, as well as the transfer of a subgroup. You'll have to provide me with more information. Are you using group_tools to perform the group ownership transfer?