Elgg Captcha

Warning: This plugin has't been updated in over 54 years. It may no longer be maintained.

What you can do to help:

NO more Google API or alien voices -- Provides captcha like Google’s CAPTCHA – it takes up less space, looks cleaner, and inviting to your site users

by Tom
Last updated

NO more Google API... Simple captchas, no questions, no counting fruits, trees, flowers, fish, birds, and animals, no buzzo puzzles, no alien voices ... to cut long story short--- it is  just a beautiful and simple logic and straight forward captcha ... you can customize it to whatever you like... Even though Captchas are not the only option to slow down spam to Elgg sites, it is one of the defense mechanism that can be used to help slow down the robots from registering to your site.

If you like this plugin, recommend it! Recommending it does not help me but will save time for the new users and elgg community members who are  searching for Elgg plugins... 

DEMO SITE: http://twiganex.com/register

REPORT ISSUES or BUGS:      https://github.com/twizanex/gutwacaptcha/issues

If you use Elgg_Captcha and have found it useful, please consider some donation. The suggested contribution is $5 USD but any amount is appreciated. If you may not have a chance to click donation link or button on your right to this download site page, feel free to recommend it for others so they can find it helpful and remember Elgg_Captcha is, and always will be free & open-source.  Thank you for your concern.

I would say this is the best alternative or option for Google’s CAPTCHA – it looks cleaner, easly customizable by Elgg admins...

If you like Elgg Captcha  recommend  it to other elgg users by using recommend button next to download button.

Why use this plugin

Key benefits of Elgg Captcha include:

1. If one day External Captcha companies you are using to fight spam or Google changes their minds or API service Outage or goes down, service disruptions or  google "wake up on the wrong side of the bed -- by feeling grumpy, irritable; or become easily annoyed by your site users" and if your website is using Google chaptcha services, your site might be in a total confusion or your web and mobile users may may experience issues accessing your site !
  2. Elgg Captcha has Sound just like google
  3. The Captcha reloads very nicely....
  4. You can use it with any Captcha that you wish for extra security :)
  5. Easier Customization: The plugin framework allows you to customize your site captcha just like Google captcha technology and build any captcha you need. You also have access to additional plugins material to test and learn.
  6. Improved Scalability: Captcha data storage  is made easier and provide significantly improved scalability and reduced storage requirements for your Elgg database.
  7. Enhanced Usability: The first time your users see the register page or lost password page, they will see significant captcha improvements if previously you were using google captcha. In short, Elgg Captcha is now  even easier to use.
  8. And many more...

If the Plugin is helpful to you, recommend it  by clicking Recommend button next to Download button so that others can benefit from it....

How to install:

Download Egg chaptcha “gutwachaptcha”

1. unzip it in your Mod folder
  2. Activate it from Admin Plugin section
  3. Now you’re ready to walk boldly with lightning speed into a new elgg captcha era of Web browsing online.
  4. Whenever you want to test it on your site, double-click on the register link on your site link and forgotten password link... Elgg Catpcha should be already standing there waiting for you :)

Enjoy! And don't forget to click recommend button next to download if it is useful to you

Please consider donating to help with further development of this plugin. Thank you for using this plugin!

... OOoooohwoW, I am yawning  because I saw someone else yawn. My ears just "poped" as if I was flying on a high altitude. my brain is cooled, my lungs feels better, my jaws muscles have been stretched and my eyes are filled with tears of joy... In short, I am feeling good (:|

Tom

Call me the Guy who CLEANS ELGG FROM OUTSIDE ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° ) I am Elgg enthusiast, Entrepreneur, Blogger, and Thinker. Just A Developer and loves the Web

Stats

• Category: Spam
  • License: GNU General Public License (GPL) version 2
  • Updated: 1970-1-1
  • Downloads: 5598
  • Recommendations: 26

Other Projects

View Tom's plugins