• Updated: 2013-11-7
  • Downloads: 330
  • Recommendations: 9

Releases

Previous releases:

Other Projects

View iionly's plugins

[Elgg 1.8+1.9: Emaildomains] for Elgg 1.8

Limit new user signon to those with email addresses of specified domains.

Last updated 168 days ago

This plugin is an updated version of the Emaildomains plugin available at https://github.com/Elgg/emaildomains for Elgg 1.7. The versions available here are for Elgg 1.8 and Elgg 1.9.

The Emaildomains plugin will allow you to limit the registration of accounts on your site to people who have an email address of specified domains. You can define one (or more) email domains you want to permit. You can also define email domains you want to deny access to your site.

Which version of the plugin to use on which version of Elgg?

If not stated otherwise the first two numbers of the plugin version will indicate the compatible Elgg version, i.e.

• plugin version 1.8.X is for Elgg 1.8 while
  • plugin version 1.9.X is for Elgg 1.9 respectively (and so on for future versions of Elgg).

The third number in the plugin version will indicate the actual plugin version, i.e. two plugin versions numbered for example "1.8.1" and "1.9.1" (or "1.8.2" and "1.9.2" etc.) should basically have the same features but only differ in API code that is specific to the Elgg version the plugin is compatible to.

If there's ever a fourth number in the plugin version, this version will only include fixes in the plugin necessary for the corresponding Elgg version, i.e. a plugin version "1.9.1.1" would fix some Elgg 1.9 specific issues of version "1.9.1" while such fixes would not be necessary for example for the corresponding version of the plugin for Elgg 1.8 (so there would be not release "1.8.1.1" necessary).

Installation:

1. copy the emaildomains folder into the mod folder of your site,
  2. enable the plugin in the admin section of your site,
  3. define email domain(s) you want to allow (or deny) access to your site. The settings page is in the "Administer" - "Users" section in the admin area of your site.

Release Notes:

Changelog:

• Initial release for Elgg 1.8.

Comments