Lazy Hover

Warning: This plugin has't been updated in over 54 years. It may no longer be maintained.

What you can do to help:

Lazy loads the Elgg user hover menu

Last updated

Lazy loads the Elgg user hover menu.

By not preloading all of the user drop down menus there is less server time needed to render a page. The more icons you have on your page, the more you will see the performance increase. There is also collateral benefits in page download size and DOM processing.

This plugin will be obsolete when https://github.com/Elgg/Elgg/issues/4495 is solved.

Some user experiences:

On a already optimized system on a content heavy dashboard with multiple widgets and a total of 74 user hover menu's (including admin actions), server runtime (php + database) went from 2.0 seconds to 1.2 (40% reduction). Also download size of the page went from 31kb to 24.5kb (20% reduction).

So we saved over 5kb of (most of the time) unused HTML. That should also speed up DOM processing (CSS and JS) a bit (depends on client hardware and browser).

WOW! Could not believe it! I tested many times with IE, FF and Chrome before activating this plugin and the activity page, the one users are redirected upon logging in, needed between 35 and 45" to load (I have river addon running as well) with ?limit=50

After activating this plugin... 18 to 25"!

thank you very much for this plugin.. this works great.. my loading time reduced to 10 sec from 18 sec..

Jeroen Dalsem

Owner of ColdTrick IT Solutions, developing social networking sites for the dutch market

Stats

• Category: Misc
  • License: GNU General Public License (GPL) version 2
  • Updated: 1970-1-1
  • Downloads: 1425
  • Recommendations: 10

Other Projects

View Jeroen Dalsem's plugins