Jeroen Dalsem

Owner of ColdTrick IT Solutions, developing social networking sites for the dutch market

Stats

• Category: Widgets
  • License: GNU General Public License (GPL) version 2
  • Updated: 2012-7-26
  • Downloads: 22340
  • Recommendations: 89

Other Projects

View Jeroen Dalsem's plugins

Widget Manager for Elgg 1.7

Manage widgets on profile, (tabbed) dashboard, groups and index

Last updated 230 days ago

Features:

• Adding widgets from a lightbox
  • Index widgets (with a few different layouts)
  • Group widgets (instead of group profile modules)
  • Provides a lot of new widgets (see below for the widget list)
  • Forcing of widget (incl positioning) on profile/dashboard (also later!)
  • Option to globally hide a specific widgettype (will even hide widget already placed on profile/dashboard)
  • Multi Dashboard (Tabbed Dashboard)

(C) 2009 -2011 ColdTrick IT Solutions

Release Notes:

3.1 (2011-05-03):

• added: new widget group_river_widget to show activity from a specific group
  • added: support for categories plugin to content_by_tag widgetadded: default twitter widget view override to support https
  • added: option to enable group widget management by default
  • added: option to only allow admins to enable group widget management
  • added: group tool option to enable/disable widget manager group management
  • added: caching of rss feeds in dataroot + cron cache cleanup job
  • changed: custom title made available for all widgets on all contexts
  • changed: custom hook to set ACL options for widgets
  • changed: access input options on group widgets are limited to "group", "loggedin", "public"
  • changed: updated fancybox to 1.3.4 (be aware of conflicts with other plugins using fancybox)
  • changed: rss widget now available on profile and dashboard
  • fixed: default access on group widget is group_acl
  • fixed: dropping widgets on empty right column in group layout not possible
  • fixed: wrong context in lightbox when adding widgets to default profile/dashboard
  • fixed: input pulldown in widget edit panel need to be restricted to the edit panel
  • fixed: river_widget title link location (pg/activity)

3.0 beta (2011-04-05):

• added: new way to manage default widgets (profile/dashboard) (not perfect yet, but it works). It now allows default settings for widgets.
  • added: option to disallow editing / collapsing default widgets
  • added: manage group widgets with widget manager (enable in plugin settings). This replaces widget features from group custom layout plugin
  • added: group widgets
  • added: css class on fixed widget headers
  • added: search widgets in lightbox popup
  • added: various widgets to various contexts
  • changed: grouped admin only widget edit options into 'Advanced' section 
  • changed: widgets are consolidated in widget_manager/widgets
  • fixed: calling undefined function in /lib/functions.php (line 234) when using Elgg < 1.7
  • fixed: adding widgets to other users profile uses wrong page_owner in lightbox
  • removed: support for dropdown list of widgets. Now always in a lightbox
  • removed: old default widget placement mechanism

Comments

• Jeroen Dalsem 1080 days ago

If you like it, recommend it!

• DhrupDeScoop 1080 days ago

I just did ;-) 3692 downloads and only 16 recommendations ?? I wish people were a little friendlier towards PlugIn developers, rather than just downloading a PlugIn and then running away with very little re: 'thank-you'...

• martinez 1079 days ago

i did too, very good plugin and as always for free. Thank you Jeroen!

• iionly 1078 days ago

I'm not sure what's wrong, but version 3.1 doesn't work for me at all. I only see broken widgets on profile pages and dashboard that contain a link named "ElggPlugin ()". By clicking on the link I see the database stats of the objects. I also can't configure default profile page and dashboard widgets as the same problem occurs there, too. Disabling site cache and running upgrade.php doesn't help either.

Are there any incompatibilties known or is it just my bad luck that I don't get this great plugin working - not it the new version and unfortunately also never without issues in the past either?

• iionly 1075 days ago

It seems that the broken widgets being displayed with the version 3.1 of Widget Manager are due to the Widget Manager not recognizing any other plugins as being active. Does anyone else has the same problem or does it work for you? What could cause this issue? Is there any incompatibility known?

• dimes 1064 days ago

Works fine, but one error:

Using the RSS widget will destroy the view. Because in

\widget_manager\views\default\widgets\rss\view.php

line 40

the ">" sign of the div is missing:
    $body .= "<div class='widgets_rss_feed_item'";

should be

$body .= "<div class='widgets_rss_feed_item'>";

• iionly 1061 days ago

Am I the only one who has this severe problem with version 3.1 (see posting above)? If so, has anyone an idea why it doesn't work for me?

• lx3r 1061 days ago

great plugin!

However, I see a '/'  used in the id's of some divs.  I don't think they were there before I enabled the plugin.  Problem with using a forwardslash is that it won't validate as valid XHTML.

Could I simply replace these names (and in the CSS probably), or do the slashes have a specific purpose somewhere?

• Kattare 1049 days ago

Love the plugin.  I ran into a bug with it, permissions on some of the group page widgets can't be saved.  I'm trying to make all the widgets public.  Tracking it down, it looks like the widget_type_exists() call within the save_widget_info() function in engine/lib/widgets.php is failing on the save.  nofollow is set, so you don't see the failure, it just dies quietly.  So far I have been able to save on the group activity and the pages widgets, but cannot seem to set the events or the files permissions to public.  Frustrating.

widget_type_exists("group_event_calendar") just doesn't seem to work.

Hope that makes sense.

I did find the add_widget_type for it in mod/widget_manager/widgets/group_event_calendar/start.php.  Maybe that's somehow not getting called within the save process?

Help!  Any ideas?

• Jeroen Dalsem 1042 days ago

@lx3r could you point out where you find these slashes in the id's?

@kattare could you check if the latest version solves your problem?

• Kattare 989 days ago

Sorry, took me a while to get around to trying it out.  Yes!  It does fix it, thank you!