Jeroen Dalsem

Owner of ColdTrick IT Solutions, developing social networking sites for the dutch market

Stats

• Category: Widgets
  • License: GNU General Public License (GPL) version 2
  • Updated: 2012-7-26
  • Downloads: 22354
  • Recommendations: 89

Other Projects

View Jeroen Dalsem's plugins

Widget Manager for Elgg 1.7

Manage widgets on profile, (tabbed) dashboard, groups and index

Last updated 232 days ago

Features:

• Adding widgets from a lightbox
  • Index widgets (with a few different layouts)
  • Group widgets (instead of group profile modules)
  • Provides a lot of new widgets (see below for the widget list)
  • Forcing of widget (incl positioning) on profile/dashboard (also later!)
  • Option to globally hide a specific widgettype (will even hide widget already placed on profile/dashboard)
  • Multi Dashboard (Tabbed Dashboard)

(C) 2009 -2011 ColdTrick IT Solutions

Release Notes:

3.6 (2011-06-21):

• added: auto cleanup for broken widgets (if broken -> delete)
  • fixed: widget edit link is not showing if a widget is loaded collapsed
  • fixed: with broken widgets on some widgets crash the site
  • fixed: group widgets settings not being saved
  • fixed: fancybox ie alpha functions url

3.5 (2011-06-17):

• added: group news widget
  • fixed: the_wire extend should not be visible when not loggedin

Comments

• Smith
    Smith 1031 days ago

Hi, is it compatible with explorer 9? Someone tried to move widgets on IE9?  it works?

• martinez 1029 days ago

This is my favorite plugin! I m very happy about group widgetisation! Awesome!

How can i register more plugins for groups? I d like to have:

group messageboard

group documents

group albums

group pools

group videos

group news

Do i have to create new code, or just register those if they exist already for profile page... Many thanks for help!

• iionly 1028 days ago

The "Edit Page" issue hasn't returned with version 3.6, i.e. adding widgets seems now possible on all profile pages - although I can't be sure if this is only on my test installation as I'm still worried to test it on my productive site.

I found some other issues though:

• Once "group widgets management" is enabled for a group it seems not possible to disable it anymore via group settings but only by disabling it totally in admin section.
    • There seems to be a CSS / permission issue when visiting the profile page of the site admin as a regular user. CSS is completely missing. I'm not sure it this might be due to the next issue as least partly:
    • Configuring widgets via "Manage Widgets" (to set up if widgets can be removed and / or allow multiple), "Default Widgets" (to make them sticky and / or update timestamp for existing accounts) seems at least partly faulty for the Messageboard Widget. I wanted to disallow removal of Messageboard widget (but didn't allow multiple widget). I added the Messageboard widget to the default widget and updated the timestamp. On the site admin's profile page the Messageboard Widget appeared twice after that - and I wasn't able to remove either instance. So, setting up default widgets without interferring with existing profile pages seems a bit tricky right now.
  • martinez 1026 days ago

How can i add more widgets for group page????

• Juho Jaakkola 1023 days ago

Found an error from actions/widgets/reorder.php (line 37): "Invalid argument supplied for foreach()"

The return value of get_entities_from_private_setting() is not checked before supplying it to the foreach.

• osasa44 1000 days ago

Hi,

How can I change the size of the widget , am facing an issue with my theme that in groups widgets does not add up right seems thier is not space for two widget on the same coloum

Thanx in advance

• Trendmatcher 998 days ago

It would be nice if I could add a free HTML widget to the dashboard and profile page!

• Vagsiarom 970 days ago

Very nice this plugin, without a doubt one of the best. Only Ntende No, and how do I change the image of the slide. I tried everything and nothing. can anyone help me?
    grateful!

• Deepak Bansal 969 days ago

hi. a very nice plugin indeed

I am using elg 1.7.11, index widgets are working perfect but how to add/remove widgets on profile pages? there are no links for edit this page/click here to add widgets on user profile pages. Also when I try to add widgets via admin they did not appear, please help.

• Jagat 967 days ago

great work...

• Jagat 967 days ago

but I can't add widgets to dashboard.. actually they add but when you go back to dash board you see nothing there at all...   :(

• iionly 966 days ago

@Jagat: are you adding the dashboard widgets in the admin section or on your own dashboard? Via the admin section you can configure a default layout for new user accounts. Only if you update the timestamps there it will also change the dashboard layout of existing accounts.

• kpon 960 days ago

Does this support IE9? It does not move by drag & drop in my IE9.

• Frank Barcellona 957 days ago

Under profile widgets, I am getting the following error for Friends:

Fatal error: Call to a member function getFriends() on a non-object in/home3/aromazon/public_html/friendiggs/mod/friends/views/default/widgets/friends/view.phpon line 22

• cabotine 928 days ago

I would love to use it with 1.8

are you planning to update it aswell?

• Jeroen Dalsem 928 days ago

@cabotine Elgg 1.8 has native a lot of widget features, so we need to redesign this plugin, but we will definitively update it for 1.8. However i can't give you a timeline yet.