Jeroen Dalsem

Owner of ColdTrick IT Solutions, developing social networking sites for the dutch market

Stats

• Category: Widgets
  • License: GNU General Public License (GPL) version 2
  • Updated: 2012-7-26
  • Downloads: 22370
  • Recommendations: 89

Other Projects

View Jeroen Dalsem's plugins

Widget Manager for Elgg 1.8

Manage widgets on profile, (tabbed) dashboard, groups and index

Last updated 234 days ago

Features:

• Adding widgets from a lightbox
  • Index widgets (with a few different layouts)
  • Group widgets (instead of group profile modules)
  • Provides a lot of new widgets (see below for the widget list)
  • Forcing of widget (incl positioning) on profile/dashboard (also later!)
  • Option to globally hide a specific widgettype (will even hide widget already placed on profile/dashboard)
  • Multi Dashboard (Tabbed Dashboard)

(C) 2009 -2011 ColdTrick IT Solutions

Release Notes:

With over 4000 lines of code removed, this is almost a complete rewrite of the plugin. This is mostly due to Elgg Core taking over a lot of the widget manager functionality.Don´t forget to read the readme in the plugin folder for more information.4.0 beta (29-12-2011):

• added: support for Elgg 1.8
  • added: widget sortable tolerance changes to pointer instead of intersect (needed for index widgets top row)
  • added: widget usage statistics page
  • changed: temporarily disabled the following widgets (index_activity, entity_statistics, river_widget); awaiting core fix
  • changed: fix mechanisme for default widgets
  • removed: run_once fix for elgg widget object/subtype class (obsolete)
  • removed: run_once migration from group_custom_layout plugin
  • removed: lazy loading plugin setting
  • removed: target column setting
  • removed: auto-cleanup of broken widgets
  • removed: plugin option to show broken widgets
  • removed: option to configure if a widget is multiple or single (this is now handled correct by Elgg core)
  • removed: option to configure if a widget is deletable (use 'fix widget' instead)
  • removed: group_event_calendar widget
  • removed: top row 2 column right option for index page
  • removed: various widgets without a valid 1.8 version of their plugin (izap_videos, tidypics, videolist, tasks)

Comments

• Jeroen Dalsem 844 days ago

Please provide feedback. But be gentle it has been tested only on FF8, so please report the browser in your feedback.

• fareed 843 days ago

Thanks for the great mod Jeroen, I am running into 3 issues. When I enable the mod, I run into these errors.  Just to remind you, I am using elgg 1.8.2, and the widget manager plugin is all the way at the bottom of my list.

1. Fatal error: Call to undefined function hj_framework_get_data_pattern() in /home/filex/public_html/mod/hypeFramework/views/default/object/default.php on line 9

2. Deprecated in 1.7: list_entities() was deprecated by elgg_list_entities()!

3. widget_manager (guid: 3237) cannot start and has been deactivated. Reason: Cannot include start.php for plugin widget_manager (guid: 3237) at /home/filex/public_html/mod/widget_manager.

• Jeroen Dalsem 843 days ago

@fareed thanks for the report. However your first error is not caused by the widget manager as you can see, but is related to the hypeFramework plugin.

list_entities is not used in any of my code other than a custom deprecated function, and there it even should not exist. Is also reported where the list_entities occurs?

It is strange you cannot activate the plugin. Did you install it correctly? Is there a start.php in the mod/widget_manager folder?

• Alex Moffett 827 days ago

Hey Jeroen,

I've been playing around with this one my 1.8 test site, and I haven't run into any problems, I was however wondering if this plugin is supposed to be able add my own plug-ins to the index page, and also if there is a way to change to layout of the profile/dashboard page the same way the index page is done (changing the # of columns, the width, etc.).  If so, how is this done, as while playing around I couldn't figure it out. 

Thanks for the plug-in, and I'll keep playing around and see if I can find any errors that jump out at me.

• Jeroen Dalsem 826 days ago

@Alex changing the layout of dashboard/profile is not possible (at the moment) however we are thinking about it. Adding your own widget is currently only programmatically done, but if you have some javascript widgets, you could add them via a html-widget. Be advised, some content filtering will prevent you from uploading javascript (or other potential harmfull code).

• worldopensources 818 days ago

hi thanks for the plugin just trying to understand is this can be done with out a pop menu and like the way we use to selct with in browser, thanks

• Jeroen Dalsem 818 days ago

@worldopensources i don't understand the question, could you be more specific or add a screenshot?

Hi i have installed the plugin, when widgets are tried to drag and arrange, it is not dragable, dragging feature is not working, rest of things are fine but most importantly dragging feature on dashboard is not working, could you pls provide fix for this as well, thanks,

@worldopensource that would probably be related to a js issue. Could you try to run www.yoursite.com/upgrade.php?

It could also point to a conflict with another plugin. This version works without any known issues on a 1.7 installation

like tried to drag and arrange on dashboard, its no more working,

oh cool thanks for your faster response, i tried to upgrade, and flushed as well still no luck, iam directly used and tried on latest 1.8.3 current release

@worldopensources i have not tested it on a 1.8.3 installation. It worked fine when using 1.8.2. I will let you know if it is related to 1.8.3.

tested on your 1.4 beata version with latest release 1.8.3