Jeroen Dalsem

Owner of ColdTrick IT Solutions, developing social networking sites for the dutch market

Stats

• Category: Widgets
  • License: GNU General Public License (GPL) version 2
  • Updated: 2012-7-26
  • Downloads: 22354
  • Recommendations: 89

Other Projects

View Jeroen Dalsem's plugins

Widget Manager for Elgg 1.8

Manage widgets on profile, (tabbed) dashboard, groups and index

Last updated 232 days ago

Features:

• Adding widgets from a lightbox
  • Index widgets (with a few different layouts)
  • Group widgets (instead of group profile modules)
  • Provides a lot of new widgets (see below for the widget list)
  • Forcing of widget (incl positioning) on profile/dashboard (also later!)
  • Option to globally hide a specific widgettype (will even hide widget already placed on profile/dashboard)
  • Multi Dashboard (Tabbed Dashboard)

(C) 2009 -2011 ColdTrick IT Solutions

Release Notes:

• added: Multi Dashboard support (plugin setting)
  • changed: updated the Dutch language file
  • changed: required Elgg version to 1.8.3

Comments

• worldopensources 796 days ago

how to link the image slider, to images uploaded by users like photo albums of tidy pics? thanks.

• Jeroen Dalsem 795 days ago

@worldopensources there is no automatic way to use uploaded pictures in the slider widget. The slider widget works with urls to the images, so after uploading retrieve their urls and paste them in the widget configuration.

• good_vibrations 794 days ago

@Jeroen goed werk, dank u wel! but after I've activated the following plugins "widget manager", "profile manager "and "blog tools" I get this error message:

Deprecated in 1.7: add_widget_title_link() was deprecated by widget_manager_add_widget_title_link()

cheers

• Jeroen Dalsem 794 days ago

@good_vibrations that will probably be caused by the blog_tools not being the most recent version. Perhaps the latest version of blog_tools is not yet placed on the community, so you might need to get it from GitHub.

Otherwise there may be another plugin using a widget manager functionality (widget title links) that is deprecated.

• senneco 779 days ago

@Jeroen Dalsem , do you plan to make Tabbed Profile, such as Multi Dashboard?

PS: thanks for your work!)

• Jeroen Dalsem 779 days ago

@senneco a lot of people already asked me that. It is still on the wishlist for features in the Profile Manager, but our clients do not see the need for it... yet :)

• JuliusP 777 days ago

Great Plugin but i have one question:

How can i force a widget to stay in the profile so he cant delete it?

thanks for your amazing work ;) 

• Jeroen Dalsem 764 days ago

@JuliusP you can "pin" widgets on an profile or dashboard in the default widgets configuration (you need the default widgets plugin enabled)

• Nick Scott 763 days ago

Hiya - not sure if I'm missing something, but is the 'Group activity' widget missing? I can't seem to add this.

Thanks in advance for any help!

• Nick Scott 761 days ago

One other question - I'm a little confused by the 'Only administrator can enable group widget' option. If you choose 'No' then any group owner can allow the editing of widgets on groups. However to actually see the 'edit widgets' option still requires an administrator. Shouldn't the 'edit widgets' option be open to all group admins?

Sorry, I've spent ages trying to work out how to do this but I'm a novice and haven't made any headway.

Thanks

Nick

• Jeroen Dalsem 761 days ago

@Nick this options allows for a construction where default group widgets is disabled, and if only admins can change it in the group settings, this will result in some groups having this option available, but only controlled by the admin. This could be desirable if you "sell" advanced group features.

• Nick Scott 761 days ago

Hi Jeroen

Okay, I see why that would be useful for some. However would it not also be possible to allow group owners/admins to edit widgets too? I would think this would be really useful for lots of sites, so that groups can manage their own look and feel a little.

If it is not possible, then I'll go back to the drawing board, but it would be a shame!

Thanks for the quick reply!

Nick

• Jeroen Dalsem 761 days ago

@Nick you ran into a major bug. I've fixed it and uploaded a new release.

• Andreas Schlenger 701 days ago

Hi Jeroen,

I'm in the process of preparing an Elgg installation for my school's website and your Widget Manager is probably the single most useful plugin I have come across to adjust the layout for a perfect user experience. Thanks for your work :-)

I was wondering if there is a way to increase the number of files in the image slider widget? I would like to use it as a quick overview for new users and I might need two or three more images.

Regards,

Andreas.

• Andreas Schlenger 701 days ago

@worldopensources,

don't know if you still need to know, but for new images in the image slider widget you can manually enter a path relative to your Elgg installation. This is how I did it:

• create a directory in my Elgg installation directory called "sliderpics"
    • upload image files to this directory via ftp (e.g. img01.jpg, img02.jpg etc.)
    • point the image slider widget manually to files by addressing them as sliderpics/img01.jpg etc.

hth,

Andreas.