• Updated: 2010-2-16
  • Downloads: 19685
  • Recommendations: 9

Releases

Previous releases:

Other Projects

View Pete Harris's plugins

Simple Neutral Theme for Elgg 1

Simple Neutral theme with menu bar (updated for Elgg v1.5)

Last updated 1838 days ago

Simple Neutral Theme (Edit your project's description!)

Release Notes:

This simple neutral theme is a stripped back default theme. It has a horizontal menu bar with links to the main sections.

The rounded boxes use the css3 border radius method - so will currently only be visible in webkit and mozilla-based browsers. (ie. Internet Explorer and Opera will have square corners).

Requirements: Elgg v1.1

Once installed to your /mod directory, go to Tool Administration, use the new up/down/top/bottom function to move the theme to the bottom of the plugin list (so that it loads last).

It contains skins for all the plugins in the elgg v1.1 full package.

elgg theme example

Comments

• Ashraf 1984 days ago

Hello Pete

Thanks for the great theme, if I want to add to the Horizontal bar, which file to I modify?

Ashraf

• Pete Harris 1983 days ago

The horizontal menu is contained in the #menu block in page_elements/header.php
    with the css rules for #menu in the main themes css file.

• joythebest83 1981 days ago

hello pete i am new to Elgg.

Can you tell me how to install your theme which is just wonderfull.

Right now i have elgg v1.1 with default theme which i suppose to change with your help.

Thanks.

• magesh 1981 days ago

wonderfull theme...!

• Pete Harris 1978 days ago

@joythebest Copy the unzipped theme to /mod directory, go to Tool Administration, use the new up/down/top/bottom function to move the theme to the bottom of the plugin list (so that it loads last). Click the enable button.

• magesh 1977 days ago

can you tell me how did you remove the spotlight from your theme.......

i need it soon

• galey1981 1973 days ago

Pete, fantastic themes there. I like the colour scheme of this one in particular, and was modifying it for my own website. One question I have is the solid white strip at top of page which houses the network title in it, is very narrow. I wan't it to be deeper to accommodate an image I want to include - however I'm tweaking away with the CSS and cant find the area which governs this. I'm finding myself pushing body content down, but the white header strip stays consistenty at 50px.

If you go to my site you'll see my logo image is 100 pixels in height, and runs down over the top of the solid grey bar and in to the body of the page. Any suggestions?

• ashmatt 1973 days ago

i'm having trouble installing themes.. i've followed your directions:  download, unzip, upload to /mod directory, set plug-in to bottom of list, enable.   I'm still stuck with the default theme.   ANy ideas what i'm doing wrong?

thanks in advance, and sorry for the dumb question... total noob here..

• cyberbud 1968 days ago

I'm new on elgg. I just installed elgg on my server. And now, i try to install that theme.

I

• Go to Administration -> Tool Administration
    • Find your plugin in the list of installed plugins and click on the 'enable' button.

but it doesn't work. I still have an ugly standard page, without formatting. What did I did wrong?

Thanks

• endlasuresh 1968 days ago

hi pete

I have seen your themes and very professional but i couldnt find anything on front page like blog posts latest bookmarks  new members etc.I mean on main page

• Ron M 1929 days ago

Great theme! In IE the Navigation Bar covers the Tools dropdown menu (from the topbar) not allowing access to all of the items. Is there a way to fix this issue for IE?

• Pete Harris 1929 days ago

Hi Ron, the IE toolbar menu issue is a known one, see http://trac.elgg.org/elgg/ticket/659

• Ron M 1928 days ago

Thank you for the information and the theme.

• waxxie 1925 days ago

Hello Pete,

i wasn't able to turn on the spotlight from your theme - i altered your theme for i-bondage.com and it works great

can you please let me know how i can turn on the spotlight please.

thank you for your time in advance and the theme of course

Cheers

• Pete Harris 1923 days ago

Hi ibondage, just reinstate

<?php echo elgg_view('page_elements/spotlight', $vars); ?>

in pageshell.php in the theme plugin (usually it goes just before the footer call). Also remember to include a spotlight file in page_elements - with your spotlight layout/contents.

regards, Pete

• waxxie 1923 days ago

Thank you very much !!!

• waxxie 1923 days ago

Can i take any other themes and just place page_elements header file you got for the menu or is there any other functions to consider for the menu file you have !

Thanks again

• Pete Harris 1921 days ago

@waxxie - sure, that should be fine - as long as you also include the css for the top menu.

• waxxie 1920 days ago

thank you very much !

• Dan Knauss 1910 days ago

If you enable this theme and it doesn't kick in, clear your browser cache and reload.

• jp 1906 days ago

Does anyone know if this theme work for elgg v1.2? if so how can i upload it to my site.   I put it on my mod folder and click enable on my site but i keep getting an error and the site dont work at all. except for that error page.  Can someone please help me out?  I am very new to elgg.

• Pete Harris 1905 days ago

@jp Yep, this theme works fine with elgg v1.2. What error page do you get? Does your site work ok out of the box? In Tool Administration, did you use the up/down/top/bottom controls to move the theme to the bottom of the plugin list? and as Dan pointed out, clear your browser cache and reload if the theme doesn't display correctly.

• ash 1904 days ago

Hi Peter Thank you for this beautifull plugin. It is really my favorit. I am having a hard time customizing the index page. Do you think you could creat a something like dave tosh " Custom index tutorial" for this theme.

thanks

Ash

• jp 1904 days ago

@pete harris

i tried to extract the zip file it ask me if i want to copy this folder without encryption?

a problem is preventing this folder folder from being encrypted. 

I extract it anyway and put it up to my site it was already in the bottom of the pluggin list so i did not click on the up and down buttons. 

• SP 1901 days ago

Pete,

I am unable to see your theme when tried to fire the URL onto my browser. I am seeing the same old theme (BLUE ONE) which comes by default when you installed the ELGG. I had installed ELGG1.2 and done exactly as you mentioned in this page. I cleared the caches but still unable to see your theme.

Please guide me what I am doing wrong!

Newkid