View Brett's plugins
I am looking for someone to take over development of this plugin. Please contact me if you are interested.
** BETA NOTES **
** END BETA NOTES **
Omni Inviter creates and sends custom invitations to friends. It is easily
extendible with plugins. Default plugins include:
* Friends -- Invite friends with email address. After registration,
the inviter and the invited users are marked as each others' friends.
* Secret -- Invite friends with email addresses secretly. This method
requires the invited user to sign up before it will reveal who
sent the invitation.
* OpenInviter.com -- Invite friends from other social networks and
email accounts. This uses OpenInviter <http://openinviter.com>
technology to log in to 3rd party websites and send mass
invitations. *See note in README file.
Once installed, activated, and configured, you will find the link to
invite users on the left side of the friends list page. You can also
go directly to it at http://yourelggsite.org/pg/omni_inviter/invite
** LICENSE INFORMATION **
This software is governed under rights, privileges, and restrictions in
addition to those provided by the GPL v2. Please carefully read the
LICENSE file for more information.
** TODO **
* Open Inviter's "Check all/none" is pretty dodgy. Functional, but
needs to be rewritten.
* Sorting in admin listing.
* Secret method: option during invitation creation to have custom
notifications sent to the invited user. (Is this important at all?)
* On very (moderately?) large sites the stats will run into OOM errors
* Add invitation expiration using expiration date.
* Separate the awful pagehandler function into bit-sized chunks.
* Revamp stats to give additional information such as time
between creating and new user joining, etc.
* Pull the mass iterating functionality out into a real function.
** CHANGES **
* Changed get_entities_from_metadata_by_value() to
oi_get_entities_from_metadata_by_value() to avoid function name
collisons with other plugins. (Better solution forthcoming.)
* Added config option for max attempted sends.
* Added config option to disable cron (and enable manual send).
* Open Inviter method's link to http://openinviter.com opens in a new
* Adjusted the rate limit defaults and upped the time to 5 minutes
minimum since users can set the max_send_attempts to 10.
* Code cleanup for cron.
* Removed call to debug log function that was breaking everything.
* Updated README.
* Corrected bug with JS and i10n (Thanks Colin Tate <@colintate>!).
* Non-success and empty method content will return an error on AJAX
loading. (Thanks Ash <http://www.emediadrop.com/>!).
* The enter key now works as expected when adding users, logging in to
Open Inviter sites, etc.
* Added "Check all/none" for Open Inviter method.
* Prettied up some formatting issues and made errors more noticable.
* Added user settings for receiving a notification when an invite is
used. Metaplugins can extend user settings can be extended the same
as site settings.
* Added transparent support for the PHPMailer plugin by Cash Costello.
* Fixed saving settings for metaplugins.
* Fixed occasional problem in setting when the language file wasn't
loaded and default email subject and body were language stubs.
* Interface for admins shows basic stats on invitations allows
invitations to be resent.
* Initial release.
hi , this problem Fatal error: is fix thanks
but still not work for me , i try to invite via gmail and nothing , i try via facebook and i get the error "We couldn't log in to Facebook with the supplied username and password. Please double-check your login details for Facebook and try again! " i double-check my details and still the same error ...
@kobi31 -- The Facebook functionality is through Open Inviter, which requires additional configuration. I do not support Open Inviter because it is a 3rd party addition. It's possible that the Open Inviter plugin for Facebook has stopped working...it's very fragile...
you know i love this and i am loving using it - but i am having trouble with some anomalies.
i am finding that sometimes when i do a send it does not go thru .. when i checked sometimes i am getting to the oi_send_email function and sometimes i do not. Even though it keeps saying it has been sent via the system_message.
when i look at the admin area it says this
Created by: sunirmalya on 2009-05-30 17:16:25
Invited User's Name: prof
Sent Status: Not sent.
Clicked Status: Not clicked.
Used Status: Not used.
@Sunirmalya -- Please review the beta notes in the description above and the README.txt file. *All* messages are queued to avoid problems when a user invites a large number of people at once. Also, the from email address is configurable from the tools administration. The only part that concerns me is that you said you can't send it from the list of invitations by clicking the send button--is that correct?
Fatal error: Call to undefined method ElggObject::send() in /home/dostina1/public_html/mod/omni_inviter/start.php on line 426
I am getting this error . I have installed Freidnsoffriends, elggchat, izapvideos, group. file, Riverdashboard, Improved profile, Edesigner Template 1, file, bookmarks, tidypics, Notifications, Corn Trigger, Log Browser, Site Acess 2.2, Pack of roaming Cat, External Pages, Custom Index, zaudio, embed, People you might know, user status, groupemailer, remove widget, tiny mce, messageboard, members, catagories, friends, garbagecollector, diagnostics, thewire, massages, default widgets,
On my hosting panel i have curl installed and working .
If you need further information let me know
@Daljit -- On an invitation that you are trying to send, please click the details button and copy and paste the all of the invitation details here. If you have access to your database, please provide me the contents of the `elggentity_subtypes` table. Also, please double check that Omni Inviter has been propery extracted...it sounds like an important file might be missing.
@morteza -- I have never used Cpanel and am not comfortable trying to troubleshoot how to configure cron with this software. There is a crontab.example file in Elgg's base directory that you could discuss adding to cron with your host, or there is the Cron Trigger plugin that can be enabled to emulate cron.
@Daljit -- Thanks for the detailed report. I've deleted it to save some space on this page. Somehow your database settings for Omni Inviter are incorrect:
In your elggentity_subtypes table, the invitation object needs to look like this (note the capitalization):
id type subtype class 25 object invitation Invitation
Did you have problems initially installing this plugin? Does the mod/omni_inviter/invitation_class.php file exist?
Brett, This looks awesome. Excellent for community bulding.
Couple of questions that I couldnt resolve from the OpenInviters site...
I am not affiliated with nor offer support for Open Inviter. My plugin was written to be able to support multiple "meta-plugins" and Open Inviter happens to be one of them because my client requested it. My client uses a small subset of the plugins offered by Open Inviter (Facebook, Gmail, Myspace, Yahoo Mail, and Hotmail to name a few) so I don't know how many of the others work.
My current license for Omni Inviter prevents it from being bundled with Open Inviter's packages and distributed on their website as a supported CMS for a variety of reasons, not least of which is that Open Inviter's TOS state that they retain some data and will begin charging for certain services soon. I don't fancy them using my work to turn a profit.
Also, this plugin doesn't provide support for Elgg to be a supported Social Network in Open Inviter--That would have to be done as plugin to Open Inviter itself...