Previous releases:

Other Projects

View twitface's plugins

Elgg Chat 1.0 for Elgg 1.5

Last updated 1747 days ago

Elgg Chat 1.0

(Edit your project's description!)

Release Notes:

This plugin will give your social network a chat bar at the bottom of the screen alot like MySpace and Facebook. You MUST read the Installation file located in the .zip folder. You CANNOT just drop it into your /mod/ directory adn activate it in Administration/Tools.

****Features****

Video Chat

Instant Messaging

Private Messaging

view who is online

Search your members

Search your friends

Block/Ignore spammers

**To Do**

Change resolution for window sizes for different monitor sizes

Integrate friends from Facebook, MySpace, and YouTube

****Screenshots****

You can try out and test the new Instant Messaging system on http://supertwitface.com

Comment any problems, suggestions, etc. Please!

Comments

• Chrislace 1747 days ago

Nice work but there seems to one evryone who make a chat plugin here forgets the most important thing is page space and the ability to continue surfing the site while you chat.... meaning having chat windows attached to the chatbar!!! without  this feature it's pretty much useless when you have facebook and now myspace with this as standard.... you are crippling your user with windows all over the page... if they want to video chat then that should be a popup option just for that.  The reason for caht bars was to get rid of popup windows and chat rooms where you are stuck...  If you take this in to consideration your plugin will be great and very useful and competitve with today's chat revolution. 

Thanks

• Misty Smith 1747 days ago

is this the plugin thats been offered at toksta for sometime now? or have you modified it?

• twitface 1747 days ago

@misty smith This is the one from Toksta but since many people  didnt know about it I created a .zip file which contains the directions as to how to obtain it and implement it into your elgg installation since many people didnt know about it including me.

• Dagorath 1747 days ago

You should probably think about renaming this as there is already a plugin called "ElggChat". Yes, it's not got the space, but it'd be easy to confuse the two all the same.

• aymen 1747 days ago

how can i test if it's working or not,cause as i see it's not working

• twitface 1747 days ago

@aymen this .zip file only contains the directions as to how to get the plugin and implement it on to your site. Because Toksta.com owns it, and I dont want to get into any of that copyright infringement mess. Just read the index file inside and then you can go and get it set up on your site.

• santacrux 1747 days ago

I have tested it on elgg 1.5 but is not working, is this plugin only for 1.2? or can it be modified to work on an elgg 1.5 platform?? 

Thanks

• 4ndreas 1747 days ago

@santacrux: it works perfect for 1.5

when you use a template you have to modife the "footer.php" in the template folder

@twitface: I see that you use on your page a ad-free versions. How I can get this? Have I to pay something? Pls let me know

• 4ndreas 1747 days ago

@twitface: Sry I was wrong in your chat bar is also a ad-logo (adblock in ff was on). It's a nice application but the advertisment is not so cool.

• alivin70 1747 days ago

@chrislace I agree, we need a Gmail/FB/Myspace-like chat. But that need a "full Ajax" Elgg. At the moment each page you request loads a new full page, reloading also the footer. An alternative are frames, but are strongly deprecated.

One part of the page should be fixed and the other loaded via Ajax. That require that each plugin acts in that way, with the need of some framework functions in Elgg. Then the core plugins should implement Ajax loading, while other plugin could implement it or not.

I think this is an heavy change in Elgg, but I don't know if someone is already working on it or has a better solution.

• aymen 1746 days ago

i did evrything it says but it didn't work,help pls

• twitface 1746 days ago

@4ndreas you can get the ad free but it costs like $35/month or something like that.

• jkempton 1734 days ago

I have found an audio/ video chat that can handle up to 100 people in the room/ can view up to 3 cams at one time and opens in new window and is hosted by vagipe, can be modified to fit color scheme of your site and admin access is granted by emailing vagipe support. I have it on my site running now, couldnt find a way to have the script work with pages but used external pages link for index page and placed the code there.            www.vagipe.com/

• badr 1546 days ago

it doesnt work for 1.6.1

• Pankaj Deswal 1406 days ago

I wanna ask, is this plugin is under active development.

• Luke 1385 days ago

Any chance of not wasting our time and stating that this IS NOT THE PLUGIN in the description?

Seriously, would love to usde it but going to give it a miss on the fact that it's misleading.

• ghumanz 1365 days ago

is that compatible with 1.7.1?????

• renanturrm 1144 days ago

MSG PT:

Um ótimo plugin é o elggchat , você pode ver ele funcionando aqui: http://encontre.in 

MSG US:

A nice plugin is the elggchat, you can see it working here:http://encontre.in