• Category: Widgets
  • License: Expat (MIT) License
  • Updated: 2010-2-18
  • Downloads: 1366
  • Recommendations: 1

Releases

Previous releases:

Wookie Widgets for Elgg 1.6

Plugin for using Wookie widgets in Elgg (www.getwookie.org)

Last updated 1518 days ago

This plugin allows for the integration of widgets managed by the Wookie widget engine.

Wookie (www.getwookie.org) is an open source solution for adding widgets to your applications.

Wookie is based on the W3C Widgets specification, and is implemented in an open source Widget Engine, and a number of plugins for popular web applications such as Elgg (or Wordpress or Moodle).

Wookie also implements the Google Wave Gadget API, enabling synchronous, collaborative Widgets such as games, chats and surveys.

Release Notes:

• URL to Wookie engine and requested API key can be set through the tool administration menu - no need to edit files anymore
  • Rudimentary OpenID support is available (in combination with the OpenID client plugin) - the OpenID identifier gets passed to a Wookie widget via the URL parameter 'openid_identifier' (but: the widget has to handle OpenID authentication by itself)
  • Uncoupling widgets from the dashboard and enlarging them (even to fullscreen) is possible through the integration of Highslide JS (www.highslide.com). When hovering the mouse over a widget, a small icon appears in the top left corner. Clicking on it uncouples the widget from the dashboard and displays it in an overlay window. This can be done with an unlimited number of widgets. The uncoupled widget is resizable and draggable. Navigation between widgets in a dashboard can be done through the next and previous arrows or by using left and right keys.
  • Some minor bugfixes.

Installation:

• Download plugin and place it in directory [elggDir]/mod/
  • Enable the plugin in Elgg
  • Set the URL to your Wookie engine and your requested API key in menu tool administration
  • Now you should be able to add Wookie widgets to your dashboard

Notice: You need an up and running Wookie engine for the plugin to work.

The plugin is in a beta state and still needs to be tested. It is also under continuous development.

Comments

• Bernhard Hoisl 1280 days ago

People interested in widget development and inter-widget communication (IWC) are invited to join the following discussion: http://bit.ly/bJ7qFC

• OregonMike 1233 days ago

Hi,

I'm trying to set this up. Everything is fine until step 6 in the install document.

6. Make sure the "Moodle Network Authentication" in the list of authentication plugins is enabled.

There is no "moodle network authentication" in the list. all the items are greyed out except for the top 3 (manual accounts, no login, email-based se;f registration)

7. Add a network peer of type "Elgg" pointing to your Elgg installation's URL (trailing slash is important). 

Not sure where to do this.

8. Configure the newly added peer to "Subscribe" to "SSO (Identity Provider)" and "Publish" to "SSO (Service Provider)".
    // in moodle END //

Not sure where to do this

• Bernhard Hoisl 1233 days ago

Sorry, but I am not really sure what you are trying to install ...  but I can make an educated guess: the mnet plugin. I recommend using this forum only for issues related to the Wookie plugin for Elgg. Therefore, I think your question relates to another issue and would be better suited in another forum. There, the chance of getting an answer (and solution) is also much higher.

• OregonMike 1233 days ago

Sorry,  You're right. I was doing several things at once and entered the request in the wrong spot.

Mike