Jeroen Dalsem

Owner of ColdTrick IT Solutions, developing social networking sites for the dutch market

Stats

• Category: User admin
  • License: GNU General Public License (GPL) version 2
  • Updated: 2013-1-30
  • Downloads: 68980
  • Recommendations: 284

Other Projects

View Jeroen Dalsem's plugins

Profile Manager for Elgg 1.8

Improved management of user and group profile fields

Last updated 232 days ago

Provides better use of profile fields, replaces (replace profile fields) and configurable group fields

Features:

• importing default or custom fields
  • ordering of custom fields (drag and drop)
  • add profile types
  • add categories (draggable reordering, drop fields on categories to add)
  • adds dropdown, radio, multiselect and date field types
  • show on register form (profile fields only)
  • show output as tags
  • mandatory fields (for register form, profile fields only)
  • mandatory profile icon on register form
  • disallow editing of a specific field (applies to edit profile only)
  • replace profile fields access control with just one profile access option
  • backup / restore profile fields configuration
  • export user profile (meta)data to csv
  • a customized registration form
  • live check for valid username, email and password fields on registration form
  • control the fields shown on a user summary / listing view
  • a river event when user joins the site
  • login history view on users statistics page
  • admin listing + download of inactive users
  • profile completeness widget
  • register form widget

TO DO: 

• categories and types for groups 
  • multilingual options (in pulldown, radio, multiselect) 
  • Default values for fields (user specified)
  • Force empty fields on profile 
  • dependend fields
  • check existence of input/output views (in get_categorized function) 
  • check if fieldtype is enabled (in get_categorized function) 
  • handle disabled fieldtype options (in get_categorized function) 
  • handle empty fields on group details (in get_categorized function) 
  • handle field options on group edit  
  • replace profile type description with longtext instead of plaintext

Known issues:

• on register error backward maintaining selected profile icon is impossible due to security reasons
  • longtext with tinymce too small when on first hidden

ColdTrick IT Solutions(c) 2013 ColdTrick IT Solutions

Like this plug-in? Consider making a donation or recommend it!

Release Notes:

7.2 (2012-03-02):

• added: hash detection on edit profile page to select correct tab
  • added: tabs on admin pages for easier navigation
  • fixed: multiselect drop down not showing on non visible tab content on edit profile
  • fixed: group edit form not showing previously saved tag field values
  • fixed: some styling on the registration form
  • fixed: profile type visibility not listening to plugin setting
  • changed: classes are compatible with a possible future performance gain available in Elgg 1.8 (not yet part of core at the moment)
  • changed: some styling on the add field forms

Comments

• aethiopicus 774 days ago

Hi Jeroen, tks for the plugin. I started using the profile manager plugin and it helped a lot, but I need a suggestion for the follow requirement:

One of the fields is Hobbies, and I want the new user to ranking (rating one to five, for exemple) which hobbies have more interest for him/her. Any ideia how to implement it?

For example:

Hobbies:

- basketball (4)

- baseball (3)

- football (5)

- soccer (2)

- hockey (1)

which mean that I'm more interested in football and basketball than in hockey and soccer.

Regards.

• Jeroen Dalsem 773 days ago

@aethiopicus there is no possibility to rate options from one specific field. However you could configure a category ("Hobbies") with all the hobbies you would like to be rated (configure them as pulldown with option 1-10). Thats as close as i can get to your wish. Maybe you could also check out the "Skills" widget (http://community.elgg.org/pg/plugins/release/151952/developer/c.west/skills-review-widget. That would probably fit your needs, however it is not available for Elgg 1.7 or 1.8, so that would need some customization.

• Originalhardy 771 days ago

I love Your work! One question to this plugin: how do I do the translation for my custom fields e.g. birthday?

Regards

Hardy

• Originalhardy 771 days ago

Sorry, got it. Just added the hint from Your form to the right language file of the profile module.

:-)

• Arsalan Shah ( Liang Lee ) 770 days ago

Thanks for plugin how to add birthday option mean is there is any other plugin that detect the friends birthday? Nice plugin Work Fine and fast!

• kimweb 767 days ago

Hi,

thanks for this last release, very good plugin !
    However, I now have a new problem : $("#custom_profile_fields_birthday1").datepick is not a function

Is there a way to solve that ?

regards 

• lifeform 765 days ago

Can gender and age be setup via this plugin ? 

• Jeroen Dalsem 765 days ago

@lifeform age and gender can be configured with this plugin. It depends on your wishes. There is no such thing as a birthday field that will show your current age.

• ghumanz 764 days ago

Is this plugin compatible with tabbed profile existing in github?

• Jeroen Dalsem 764 days ago

@ghumanz i don't know, you should try it out, but i expect it could have some conflicts. If so, please let me know so i can add it to the list of conflicting plugins.

• Eloy E Valderrama M 763 days ago

Hello this is an excellent piece, but we could not leave it on because iteliminates the thumbnails on the activity page, and the avatar of Groups. It could help me solve this?

Thank you.

Translated with Google Translate

• Jeroen Dalsem 763 days ago

@Eloy this plugin should not do anything related to profile icons or group icons. I've not heard anything about this situation before, so please check if it is not conflicting with another plugin.

• ramadama 762 days ago

i installed version 7.2 half an hour ago and after activating the plugin, i can't access the site anymore but get:

Fatal error: Class 'ProfileManagerCustomProfileField' not found in /mypath/mod/profile_manager/lib/run_once.php on line 20

what do i have to do to make it run? and

what would i do to make the activation undone and have the site accessible again?

thanks

• Jeroen Dalsem 762 days ago

@ramadama just rename the profile manager plugin foldername to deactivate it.

• ramadama 762 days ago

@jeroen, thanks a lot for fast response/advice .. took some pressure for the moment.

is this something you need to fix in the plugin or would you suggest the mistake is on my side and i have to take another look into my setup? i remember in the first load the browser wouldn't find the start.php although it was in the directory. reloading managed start .. but resulted in above fatal error. maybe i've not uploaded the complete set of files?

• ghumanz 762 days ago

Thanks I will check it on this weekend.

• Eloy E Valderrama M 762 days ago

Hi, thanks for answering, I will turn upside down our network, to find wherethe conflict. I appreciate your attention and work, as the work of all is extraordinary.
    GOD BLESS YOU ALL. Excuse me but it's our way of thanking.