Justin Richer's plugins:
The MediaWikiplugin allows a site administrator to connect an Elgg installation with a MediaWik installation.
This plugin depends on the url_getter plugin: http://community.elgg.org/pg/plugins/jricher/read/521642/url-getter
1) No, it does not authenticate against MW yet. We are working on an OAuth-enabled version of this plugin and a corresponding OAuth plugin for MediaWiki to allow for this kind of action. This plugin will be updated when that is available.
2) Yes, it is supposed to render graphics in a MW page. The problem is more than likely the image root parameter in your configuration. The plugin does a string-replace (since I can't rely on valid XML structure, this was the best I could come up with) that is supposed to point things at the right absolute image URLs. It's not perfect, but it does work most of the time.
I have noticed some discussions about configuring your plugin in former versions of your MediaWiki plugin. We'll really like it to work, and we got ssh access to both the ELGG and Wikimedia sites:
http://188.8.131.52/elgg/mod/mediawiki/mypages.php to http://species-id.net.
When following any link from the
We have tried a lot of combinations of configurations*, without luck. Can I use a "str_replace" workaround in a .php file to go-to the right login-location?
$printingX = str_replace("http://species-id.net/w/index.php?title=Special:UserLogin&returnto=Main_Page","/w/index.php?title=Special:UserLogin&returnto=Main_Page", $printing31);
Best wishes, Phillip
* My Mediawiki setup is, for the best of my knowledge, set to the present:
6. TaxNet Wiki
Other configuration options tried:
ad 1. It seeems to be the same with or witout www
ad 2. Have tried using /api.php and /wiki/api.php and no page is found 404 error
ad 3. Have tried using /api.php and /wiki/index.php and no page is found 404 error
ad 4. Have tried /wiki/ that I honestly would expect to be the right setup, but then an extra /wiki/ is added in all links writing /wiki/wiki/ in all these links
ad 5. Have tried /wiki/media/ and a 0 error appears, shown on an empty page (inside my layout)
ad 6. Anything seems to be acceptable here (free text)
Finally, we have tried a Iframe, but when going to the login page it jumps out of the frame and cannot login.