• Recommendations: 2

Releases

Previous releases:

Other Projects

View caedes's plugins

sitemetas for Elgg 1.7

Manage keywords and description metas for your site

Last updated 1471 days ago

Allows to have translatable keyworks and description metas on elgg.

Also has the option to support different meta "namespaces" so each site can use different ones.

You are welcome to participate in the plugin development by joining or forking our code repo, providing patches, documenting or translating.

Release Notes:

First version.

Comments

• bman 1467 days ago

does this change the metas for each page seperately? or just set once for all pages on the site?

• DhrupDeScoop 1466 days ago

@mid (50%)

didya read the PlugIn's (rather simplistic) code ? it's not all **that complicated... lolz ;-)

• caedes 1466 days ago

hi!

for the moment it uses the same metas for all pages. we'll be checking how to add per page metas, but i think its not easy with elgg framework.

greetings

• bman 1465 days ago

@dhruva 

no i did not read the code as I obviously don't have the free time you do.  I had wondered because this seemed to duplicate functionality already offered and wondered if this would be a improvement.

I'm sorry I look for some type of documentation before downloading random arbitrary code.

• Juipo
    Juipo 1465 days ago

There is no improvement, actually having "Same" meta tags for every page is NOT SEO friendly and actually could "hurt" your SERPs. 

From GoogleWebmaster Central(http://www.google.com/support/webmasters/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=35264):

"Using identical or similar descriptions on every page of a site isn't very helpful when individual pages appear in the web results."

Spiders are very smart today, they can tell what your page is about. In most cases Google will not even use keywords meta tag (especially if they don't match content on the page), Title is still the most important meta tag. If you want to rank well,  create "Unique" content and lots of it, that's what Google (and others) look for and of course backlinks.  Now some "Smaller" search engines still use keywords and description meta tags but I personally concentrate on "Big" ones as they deliver most traffic.

SEO is not just meta tags and content thought, it's far more complex but again good (unique) titles and matching content will get your site in SERPs. Backlinks will determine your Pagerank but again depends on what keywords/terms and amount of competition. Just my 2 cents.

• bman 1465 days ago

That was why i asked, thanks Juipo

• caedes 1465 days ago

ok... i think the description and keywords should still help a little bit on the seo but its true it would be a lot better to have more specific ones on specific pages... anyways... thx for the information i think its useful for everyone