• Category: User admin
  • License: GNU General Public License (GPL) version 2
  • Updated: 2012-2-20
  • Downloads: 13816
  • Recommendations: 97

Other Projects

View westor's plugins

Westors Elgg Manager for Elgg 1.8

Comfortable RIA (Rich Internet Application) interface for various functions. Users can view and edit external contacts, send e-mails, manage their friends and groups. Admins can manage Elgg users, groups, external contacts, bulk messages and SMS.

Last updated 773 days ago

This cool plugin is helpful for admins and for normal users. A comfortable AJAX interface helps to manage users, friends, external contacts, groups and messages. One can send bulk e-mail and SMS to a bunch of users or friends. You can easily search in your messages history.

Admins have more options then normal users, like delete or edit user data, block or unblock user, activate or deactivate.

SMS functions are supported. Please contact me for your use cases and special backend connections you want to have.

The instruction manual comes in form of some screenshots with comments. Please visit the projects home.

If you like the plugin, please click on the "Recommendations" link in the upper right.

Release Notes:

This is a bugfix release for 1.8.0

Comments

• Andrew Kale 933 days ago

I get this Error after doing everthing

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /mod/westorElggMan/build/index.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

• DhrupDeScoop 933 days ago

" don't have permission to access.. " means exactly that ;-)
    check the recursive permissions for " /mod/westorElggMan/ ",
    is a common newbie-ish error..
    and if needed ask your hosting technical support to help fix that..

• jededitor 931 days ago

Excellent - works well. Well done Torsten!

• Frank Barcellona 930 days ago

Awesome Pluggin!!  Thanks so much!

• Frank Barcellona 929 days ago

I noticed one minor issue with the menu items.  For the one called "more" that is a dropdown, some the last couple items go behind your plugin.  Any idea how to fix this?  Thanks so much!

• PeppeC 918 days ago

Great plugin! Recommend and clik!

• Frank Barcellona 912 days ago

What would I have to do if I only want this pluggin to be available in the admin backend only instead of just making it viewable only to admin?  That might be a good option to add for a future release.  Thanks so much!

• waynaldo 895 days ago

Hi great work i love it and im using 1.8.1.b

Ive tried to do it myself but im not at all clued up with code.

How can i change on the more drop down from elggman to mailman. would much appreciate your assistance.

Thanks

• coolsam001 874 days ago

@wester thanks for upgarding your plugin. One suggestion can you make your theme to be more friendly with the elgg default theme. It will be good if you offer more backend admin options.

• westor 874 days ago

@coolsam001 - theming is time consuming and therefore expensive. I'm using default theming of the framework, extended with two additional themes. That fits my needs. If one wants to have a special theme, I can do the job, but be informed, that would be expensive, because I'm very busy with other projects.

qqwaynaldo: hope you already found this in the language file.

• lifegamester 869 days ago

first of all, great job and thanks for shareing~!!!

although I do have difficulty to send emails, I try to send 3 emails from your app and received 0.

also, I think there's a compatibility problem with elgg 1.8.1, since I am receving error message like:

Deprecated in 1.7: The admin/siteadmin metadata are not longer used. Use ElggUser->isAdmin().

Deprecated in 1.7: get_entities() was deprecated by elgg_get_entities().

anyway, good job, thanks for your time and effort~!

• wannabe 862 days ago

Hi, very useful tool ! :-) thanks a lot for this one.

However I am also experiencing the error messages:

Deprecated in 1.7: The admin/siteadmin metadata are not longer used. Use ElggUser->isAdmin()

I am using the latest Elgg engine.

• Nudeler2
    Nudeler2 834 days ago

Super Kontaktverwaltungswerkzeug

• Krishan Kant Lavania 800 days ago

I have install it , is it works on 1.8.2 ? please tell me

thanks

• westor 800 days ago

I didn't try on 1.8.2 - working currently on an 1.8.3 release.... I'm not sure if it's running - manifest format seems to have been modiefied inbetween.

• Flexx 779 days ago

Im testing it on 1.8.3but getting the fllowing errors:

Deprecated in 1.8: settings/westorElggMan/edit was deprecated in favor of plugins/westorElggMan/settings Called from [#8] /home/geminixx/public_html/engine/lib/views.php:503
    Deprecated in 1.8: You should pass $vars['name'] now instead of $vars['internalname'] Called from [#11] /home/geminixx/public_html/mod/westorElggMan/views/default/settings/westorElggMan/edit.php:21
    -> [#10] /home/geminixx/public_html/engine/lib/views.php:503
  • westor 779 days ago

Yes, i will come up with a new release, compatible with 1.8.3 down to 1.7.5, in the next few days. Stay tuned.

You can be curious about a new function: As an admin will be able to browse elgg entities with all their properties.

• Flexx 779 days ago

Nice! Will be waiting patiently!

• Michele 655 days ago

Nice! Recommended!