View westor's plugins
This cool plugin is helpful for admins and for normal users. A comfortable AJAX interface helps to manage users, friends, external contacts, groups and messages. One can send bulk e-mail and SMS to a bunch of users or friends. You can easily search in your messages history.
Admins have more options then normal users, like delete or edit user data, block or unblock user, activate or deactivate.
SMS functions are supported. Please contact me for your use cases and special backend connections you want to have.
The instruction manual comes in form of some screenshots with comments. Please visit the projects home.
If you like the plugin, please click on the "Recommendations" link in the upper right.
- compatibility with Elgg 1.8.3 down to Elgg 1.7.x
- layout issues fixed
- several bugfixes
- new functions: elgg entities browsing and editing for admins
- splitting up a professional version with some more options
;-) it kinda does say above Elgg Version: 1.8 - and if you've spent some time reading thru in general - other posts hanging here - 1.8 has API changes which make 1.8 PlugIns Vs < 1.8 incompatible ;-X
Admin only - takes abt 5 mins & 1.5 lines of php code to 'configure' - for someone that codes with php/elgg - but longer and more effort for some one that does not.
DhrupDeScoop, I don't know why you tell me "and if you've spent some time reading thru in general - other posts hanging here". Does "here" means the Elgg community?
I asked about compatibility with 1.7.13 because in "release notes" it's written "compatibility with Elgg 1.8.3 down to Elgg 1.7.x", and I thought that means it's compatible with all versions 1.7. But since I'm not English speaking, I was trying to know if I'm wrong or right.
Pregunta N º 1 se responde por encima de
- ¿El "aquí" significa que la comunidad Elgg? -
También tenemos un grupo que habla español aquí - para aquellos que se sienten más cómodos con el español
- Hasta Elgg 1.7.x - Creo que Torsten puede haber codificado el - Elgg la lógica de la API - para atender a 1.8 y 1.7 también 0 -, pero sólo él puede cumplir que - a menos que uno lee el código actual en el interior del plug-in. de lo contrario -, en general, 1,8 código no es compatible en el 1,7 - casi siempre. plugins muy pocos funcionar correctamente tanto en el 1,7 y el 1,8
Yo no soy de habla española -, pero me gusta tratar - a través de Google, un diccionario y libro;-) y pueden seguir una conversación mayoría de los españoles.
@Delia: You might be lucky - I read thru some of Torsten's code - smart guy ;-) -- He has catered for 1.8 and lower versions in very smart manner ;-P
So - why don't you give his work some (flattering) credibility and simply install the PlugIn in 1.7.13 and then be surprised to see it execute flawlessly. And if you know anything about who Torsten and I are w.r.t Elgg technicals - you will in a very big hurry to blindly test it right now for yourself to find out ;-oO
Hi Delia - yes, it should work well - I can't guerantee it for all version combinations (elgg and php) but I myself needed a compatibility with 1.6.5 and that works, and in my 1.7.5 version ist works also - I added a comapatibility layer. If it's not running, please let me know as axact as possible where the problems are.
+ Useful if you want your users to send SMS's or mass emails to other users, friends. Especially useful for admins to see the join,last login,action dates of members.
- This plugin seems to be a completely separate application living in elgg. Probably technically this is true for all plugins but I mean visually. I would prefer that this plugin build on existing Elgg UI for its useful functions, replacing the existing UI elements. Instead it offers alternative ways of doing the existing stuff (in addition to new functionality) and I believe it is a recipe for user confusion.
p.s. With Elgg 1.8.4 I get the error message (I already have some non-default other plugins activated):
Deprecated in 1.8: settings/westorElggMan/edit was deprecated in favor of plugins/westorElggMan/settings Called from [#8
@Graeme Buss sorry I havn't tryed it on elgg 1.8.5 - last release is for elgg 1.8.3. Currently there is no time to make new releases... :-( sorry.
@MIchele - not without changing some things. May be it could be easy, if you don't hesitate to change the php code in /mod/westorElggMan/services/qooxdoo/elggMan.php.
In constructor is an array:
$columnsAdmin = array(
"username" => elgg_echo("ElggMan_:cUserName"),
"email" => elgg_echo("ElggMan_:cEmail"),
// "mobile" => elgg_echo("ElggMan_:cMobile"),
"time_created" => elgg_echo("ElggMan_:cSince"),
"last_login" => elgg_echo("ElggMan_:cLastLogin"),
// "last_action" => elgg_echo("ElggMan_:cLastAction"),
// "location" => elgg_echo("ElggMan_:cLocation")
You can try to extend this array with your field names.
But sorry, I currently can't give more support.