• Updated: 2011-6-15
  • Downloads: 370
  • Recommendations: 4

Releases

Previous releases:

Other Projects

View flirx's plugins

River website thumbnails (old: river_extended) for Elgg 1.6

- Takes screenshots of websites to the wire.

Last updated 1043 days ago

Creates thumbnails for links that posted on the wire.

New version of the Plugin from Pedro Prez (river_extended). No new features but a new thumbnails provider because the old is off.

New provider is thumbalizr.com - you only need a free API-Key !

Language: swedish, german, english.

VERY VERY much thanks to Pedro Prez for the old plugin !!!

Release Notes:

New Provider because the old is off

Comments

• Smith
    Smith 1042 days ago

This plugin is useless for the following reasons:

There is no description on the page shown in the preview.
    The broser Reloads the image every time you load the river, to avoid this you must use the code to cache the image locally, but has not explained where to put this code ...

This is a draft of Facebook share link, not worth it.

We must do better not worse!

• mariano 1042 days ago

yes, because you always have to call an external api, because they use the APIs to achieve this Elgg

• Trajan 1042 days ago

@Smith: this plugin certainly is not useless. It does what it's supposed to do. I think what you mean is that it isn't as smooth as you would like it to be to make your website look very 2.0 etc. 

We must do better not worse!

I couldn't agree more, I look forward to your improvements on this plugin. :)

• Smith
    Smith 1042 days ago

Trajan As a common user, i say that this site interface is old...we need to look at web 3.0 not at 1.5 -  can you understand me?

Unfortunately I am not a programmer, otherwise I would have recreated an interface entirely in real time - and I made ‚Äč‚Äčthis site entirely semantic, this is just one example of how we can detach ourselves from whata lready exists and do something better.

• Shouvik Mukherjee 1041 days ago

@Smith: If you are so keen to have the features, why don't you donate some money to support future development of the plugin or hire flirx for a professional project?

We must do better not worse!

Precisely! Appreciate what people have done with ther precious time even without a pay, rather than shouting for what they haven't.

• Shouvik Mukherjee 1041 days ago

This is just one example of how to decourage the contributions of the developers here and help them stop developing for free.

• Burgs 932 days ago

@Shouvik Mukherjee: Well put... very impressive.

• imoni 913 days ago

Hi flirx!! u don a great job its very useful. kindly upgrade this plugin for elgg 1.8. and try to implement website description in it.
    Thanks for this plugin. hope u help me :) upgrade for elgg 1.8