• Updated: 2011-6-17
  • Downloads: 2700
  • Recommendations: 10

Releases

Previous releases:

Other Projects

View Evan Winslow's plugins

Questions for Elgg 1.8 for Elgg 1.8

A Q&A plugin for Elgg (ala Facebook Questions, Quora, Stack Overflow, etc.)

Last updated 1036 days ago

Questions is a plugin for Elgg to provide your network with Q&A functionality analagous to Quora, Stack Overflow, or Facebook Questions

Features:

• Ask questions as an individual or in a group.
  • Comment on questions + answers (ala StackOverflow)
  • Like questions + answers

Release Notes:

Compatible with Elgg 1.8b1 ONLY.

Please report bugs on github (use "Code Repository" link in sidebar). Thanks!

Comments

• anirupdutta 1036 days ago

perfect.I love this.awesome.

• Oranyero 1032 days ago

Error river:

questions:river:question:created questions:river:question:create

Thanks for updating the plugin. : )

• Evan Winslow 1032 days ago

Hey, Oranyero,

Thanks for the bug report!  Any chance you can report it to https://github.com/ewinslow/elgg-questions/issues?

• Luciano Caratori 990 days ago

Hi, Evan,

Is it there a 'simple way' to adapt this to 1.7 installations?

It looks great!

Best,

Luciano

• illifly 955 days ago

Hi Evan, please update for the new 1.8 version we like this plugin! at moment there is no button to add any question...please update THX! Super work!

illya

• Frank Barcellona 954 days ago

For 1.8.0.1, I installed it and it looks fine, except that there is no button to create a question.  Can't wait for the fix.  This this is a great mod!

• martinez 953 days ago

yes, this fix is needed, doesn t work with latest realase 1.8...

• ghumanz 947 days ago

It is not compatible with elgg 1.8.0.1

• kuhu 946 days ago

Hey Evan

could you update the plugin to 1.8.0.1? thanks a lot

• Evan Winslow 945 days ago

Hi, all, Thanks for the feedback.

Just so you all are aware: I no longer work full time with Elgg, so this plugin no longer has potential benefit to my workplace, which means I have less time and incentive to upkeep it. In addition, my wife just had our first baby on Monday, so that means even less time for on-the-side stuff. It's unlikely I'll get to this in the near future, but I definitely encourage anyone who has the ability and availability to fork on github and send me a pull request. I'd be happy to accept it and upload an updated version.

As with all my plugins, I've done my best to code this plugin to Elgg 1.8 standards, so it should be very approachable for anybody familiar with Elgg development. It looks like there's a lot of interest here, so I'm sure any contributions would be greatly appreciated!

@luciano, no, not really. Most of the work is on the frontend (views) which was drastically changed in 1.8 so would have to be essentially rewritten for 1.7. Since there are already other Q&A plugins for 1.7, I'm not bothering.

• Tom 945 days ago

Well ... congratulations with the first-born :))))))))))

• lord55 945 days ago

congratulations Evan :))))))))))))))))))))))

• fareed 925 days ago

Is anyone working on this project for 1.8.1 or is it abandoned.

Thanks

• sem 919 days ago

I can do the migration to Elgg 1.8.0.1. Give me few days.

• Evan Winslow 919 days ago

I'm still around, and happy to accept patches, but don't have time for doing development myself.

Sem, if you submit a pull request on github, I'd be happy to include it and add you to the credits for this plugin!

• jacruzca 918 days ago

if you want to add the "Add a question" button, just go to /mod/questions/pages/questions/all.php

After the first line:

elgg_set_page_owner_guid(elgg_get_logged_in_user_guid());

just add:

elgg_register_title_button();

I've tested it in Elgg 1.8.0.1 and works fine.

So you will have the add button.

• Razaavi Educational 915 days ago

Deprecated in 1.0: Use elgg_register_menu_item() to register for the title menu

I am getting this error after I implement the code said by @jacruza, can someone tell me if what should I do? I am novice to php or programming, 

• Prieto 889 days ago

any idea why button still no show after doing what jacruzca said? i use ver 1.8.0.1

please help

• Daniel 889 days ago

Hello! I am using the Release - 1.8.0.1. I activate the plugin but I can't do anything. Not error or warning appear.

Please check my pics = 

- http://screencast.com/t/TDMHiGIRw06E

- http://screencast.com/t/cW26IGbE

Thanks

• Stumpy 881 days ago

Hey thanks for yet another great little plugin, it's appreciated greatly. Recomended!

• Janek 870 days ago

Working on a 1.8.1 migration.
    Download @ https://github.com/janeklb/elgg-questions/zipball/1.8.1
    Or view source: https://github.com/janeklb/elgg-questions/tree/1.8.1 (note the 1.8.1 branch, vs. master)

• Vincent 805 days ago

Nice one Janek it works perfect but is there a way to get rid of the comment image as it doesnt work?

• Stumpy 774 days ago

bit of a stupid question, how do I add questions to the group?  can't see the option, just says "no group questions"

thanks

• Wouter 771 days ago

Hi there!

I have the same as Stumpy, I can see the entity Questions added to the menu and inside the Groups, but no way to add a single question. So it remains a bit empty inside the Questions :(

I'm running Elgg release 1.8.3. with the Questions plugin 1.8.1b only. Possibly that's the issue. Or has anyone updated it?