Group Tools for Elgg 1.8

Combination of different group plugins

Last updated 34 days ago

==================== Features ====================

Combines different group additions into one plugin

• group admin transfer
  • group multiple admin
  • group kick
  • group activity (profile,dashboard,index,group widget)
    • has support for river_comments and like
  • group members widget (group only)
  • group invitations widget (index, dashboard)
  • group mail
  • group invite
    • better error messages
    • free text with invite
    • listing of outstanding invitations
    • personal invitation revoke
    • add users to group
    • all users (admin option)
  • suggested groups
    • based on your profile information

Note: to use index and group widgets you'll need Widget Manager http://community.elgg.org/plugins/384604/4.7/widget-manager

Release Notes:

2.4 (2012-11-06):

• added: filter groups based on a tag field in index_group widget
  • fixed: problem with group invite autocomplete on subfolder Elgg installations (thanks to Bruno Grossmann http://community.elgg.org/profile/bruno)
  • fixed: unable to edit a group as a normal user when limiting group creation (thanks to buraddo http://community.elgg.org/profile/buraddo)
  • changed: group invitations (and add) no always goto mail
  • changed: some logic when (re)inviting for better system messages to the users
  • changed: discussion dasboard widget ordering to be inline with default Elgg
  • changed: layout of start.php to be more inline with Elgg

Comments

• TahoeBilly 503 days ago

Jerome, Great plugin. Any interest in adding some theming capabilities for the admins? You may be familiar with Ura (formerly Tunists) Group Custom Layout (or maybe you started that one?). Anyhoo, would be great if admin could add image background (in GCL both entire site and inside group, so two images) as well as choose a color scheme or so for menus.

• manfred salomon 501 days ago

very useful thx jerome

• Jerome Bakker 500 days ago

@TahoeBilly :

Jerome, Great plugin. Any interest in adding some theming capabilities for the admins? You may be familiar with Ura (formerly Tunists) Group Custom Layout (or maybe you started that one?). Anyhoo, would be great if admin could add image background (in GCL both entire site and inside group, so two images) as well as choose a color scheme or so for menus.

That capability will remain in group_custom_layout

• knussear 463 days ago

Is there a way for ANY memeber to mail group not just admin?

• Jerome Bakker 463 days ago

@knussear

Is there a way for ANY memeber to mail group not just admin?

No, maybe it will be added to the todo

• rjcalifornia 454 days ago

hmm the invitation codes are not working, they always come up as 'expired' same the url links

• PatrickT 451 days ago

Hello:

The Auto join feature appears on my local test server but is not available on my live site. Any thoughts on what's going on. Thanks.

• PatrickT 451 days ago

I found the error of my ways!

• Thomas R 448 days ago

Hello,

how can I nominate multiple administrators? I cannot find this feature.

Thanks!

• Jerome Bakker 448 days ago

@Thomas R:

Hello,

how can I nominate multiple administrators? I cannot find this feature.

Thanks!

1: have it enabled in the plugin settings

2: go to the group member listing, use the user dropdown to add the use as a group admin

• Thomas R 448 days ago

@Jerome Bakker

Thank you! Worked like a charm :-)

@rjcalifornia :

hmm the invitation codes are not working, they always come up as 'expired' same the url links

this could be a bug, I think the problem lies in /lib/functions.php lines 81 & 99. Did you send out any invites to new email addresses (so never before invited) but check the resend invites box??

• rjcalifornia 448 days ago

this could be a bug, I think the problem lies in /lib/functions.php lines 81 & 99. Did you send out any invites to new email addresses (so never before invited) but check the resend invites box??

Yes, I sent an invite to new email addresses, and selected 'resend invites' box.

whoa I just looked at that file, totally lost :/ Is there a way to solve it? :( can I help?

@rjcalifornia:

I will look into this tomorrow

• rjcalifornia 447 days ago

@Jerome

Well, I've been doing some testing and the problem is not the 'resend invites' box. The problem is the 'closed groups'.

If you set the access to 'Group Members only' the code will be always 'Expired' Once you make the group 'public' even the old invitation codes will work.

I hope that helps!

• Jerome Bakker 447 days ago

@rjcalifornia

@Jerome

Well, I've been doing some testing and the problem is not the 'resend invites' box. The problem is the 'closed groups'.

If you set the access to 'Group Members only' the code will be always 'Expired' Once you make the group 'public' even the old invitation codes will work.

I hope that helps!

Thanks for the help, it should be fixed in the newest version. check it out in our code repository

• rjcalifornia 444 days ago

@Jerome

Everything works excellent! This is a must have plugin. Thanks Jerome for the fast bug fixing! Totally awesome plugins!

Sorry to bother you so much hehe :D

Quick question: On the 'Invitation by email' how can I change it so that it doesn't have to wait for the small drop down to appear, instead to enter emails right there separated by commas? :)

• Melvyn Gómez 444 days ago

how i can remove "Leave Group" buttom from the Group, so the normal users added by the admin can't leave the group

@Melvyn you need to extend the Groups plugin to do that. Or try the roles framework

• DhrupDeScoop 444 days ago

if(!elgg_is_admin_logged_in())
            elgg_unregister_menu_item('title','groups:leave');

• Jon L 436 days ago

I seem to be having a javascript problem? When I try to save the Group Activity widget it responds "We could not save your widget".

• mobabur94 436 days ago

Same here, @Jon L

• Charles D 436 days ago

mobabur94 and I work together.  We were actually getting a PHP error as well that we resolved with (https://github.com/Elgg/Elgg/commit/ef19671ba2c154449cef16bae25814e70e8384f3) Seems they will be including this fix in 1.8.14.  Still getting the error "We could not save your widget".

• Jon L 436 days ago

Interesting. I'll let you know if I figure anything out. I don't seem to get an error on the page, so it must be something on the backend.