• Recommendations: 11

Releases

Previous releases:

Other Projects

View Ray J's plugins

Tidypics Colorbox for Elgg 1.7

Put a jquery lightbox in tidypics albuns

Last updated 885 days ago

This plugin is a fork from Cash´s Tidypics Lightbox plugin, with huge improvements and colorbox support. You can choose from five colorbox styles, set the image transition (Fade, elastic or none) and the slideshow interval.

Colorbox is a beautiful and customizable lightbox and is one of the top 10 jQuery plugins in the world. You can learn more in official colorbox site: http://jacklmoore.com/colorbox/

How to install:

• Enable the plugin, set the image transition style, the colorbox style and the slideshow interval.
  • Done.

To do:

• Test the plugin with ELGG 1.8 and official Tidypics for 1.8 (When released)

Final notes:

If you like it, recommend it! Recommending, you don´t help me: you help the community, showing the best rated plugins and saving hours for new users.

Release Notes:

• Initial release.
  • Tested with tidypics 1.7.2.

Comments

• Ray J 885 days ago

Guys, I developed this plugin about one year ago and make some improvements to release as GPL. Hope you like and, as always, send me some feedback.

• Ray J 885 days ago

Dear Brasilian (And another portuguese language countries) users. This version has a problem with the literal "Iniciar apresentação" overriding the "Imagem x de y". Just change the literal from "Imagem x de y" to "x de y".

Prezados usuários de lingua portuguesa. Esta versão possui um problema de última hora que faz com que a frase "Iniciar apresentação" passe por cima da frase "Imagem x de y". Alterem o arquivo de tradução mudando a frase "Imagem x de y" para "x de y". Eu liberarei uma nova versão com a tradução correta assim que acrescentar novas funcionalidades no plugin.

• Trajan 885 days ago

Very nice work Ray J. *Recommended

• stuartsloan 885 days ago

Really nice plugin!  Works great!!!  *Recommended

is there a way to add the generic commenting system under each picture so users can still post comments?

• Ray J 885 days ago

@Stuart: You need to click in picture´s name. Take a look in the plugin´s screenshot.

• Ray J 885 days ago

@Stuart: BTW, it´s possible to embed the picture in a <div> with comments. But its a bit complex. Maybe some developer can help me.

• DhrupDeScoop 885 days ago

That would be screenShot #2 I think..
    and Mauricio: meu amigo, muito tempo? ;-) Onde você se esconde

• Ray J 885 days ago

@Dhrup: I am here, my friend! But going to sleep now. Lets talk tomorrow in GTalk. Missing our philosophical and technical speeches. :)

Ps.: Liked the new plugin? I made it about on year ago and forgot to upload. :)

@ Ray

Yup I see it!  thanks.  Im going to try and figure out a way to embed the commenting system into your plugin so theres one less step for the user to make a comment.  Ill let you know what I come up with.

• Ray J 885 days ago

@Stuart: I made some researchs here. Its possible, but I need to made more researchs. It can be done with ajax, in a "facebook style". But, for now, I dont want to make this plugin a monster. I am focused in antispam and a autoupdate plugin.

• stuartsloan 883 days ago

@ Ray I added this to views/default/tidypics_colorbox/head.php so users wouldnt get confused on how to leave a comment.

, title: function(){
                      var url = $(this).attr('id');
                      if (url != "")
                        return '<a href="'+url+'">' + $(this).attr('short_title') + ' + Comment</a>';
                    }

• Ray J 883 days ago

Good, Stuart. Just be careful about pictures with looooooong names. If I remember, my plugin show only the first X characters from the name. I will check and merge your suggestion in the next release.

• coolsam001 882 days ago

@Raj J thanks for the plugin. Can you integrate the facebox jquery and the options to select between colorbox and facebox. The updated facebox script can be dowloaded from https://github.com/defunkt/facebox/downloads.

• Ray J 877 days ago

@Coolsam001: Why use facebox? Is it MUCH better than colorbox?

• coolsam001 877 days ago

@Ray J Facebox is a jQuery-based, Facebook-style lightbox which can display images, divs, or entire remote pages. Facebox code is small and the code is kept on improving in github. As such i won't compare facebox and colorbox as the content for Facebox uses an AJAX request but with Colorbox it loads in an iframe instead. 

• DhrupDeScoop 877 days ago

The reference to iframes becomes almost irrelevant. All the XXBox PugIns are jQuery based. I looked up several reviews and comparisions of jQuery based XXBox PlugIns and it seems that ColorBox and ShadowBox are the favorites ;)

• coolsam001 877 days ago

@ DrupDeScoop I know that all the XXBox Plugins are jQuery based. I was just trying to give a brief description of facebox. And the reference of iframe for colorbox was given from a particular site where the author compared the facebox and colorbox. In regards to colorbox i accept that it is the popular lightbox and has more options but the way in which facebox opens looks more pleasing so having the options for both colorbox and facebox for tidypics will be good.

• Ray J 877 days ago

@Coolsam: I will check the facebox and make some tests. But the colorbox fits our needs and is VERY easy to use. But let´s see what can be done.

• adoi 877 days ago

Ray, really loved your plugin, 

I was thinking is it possible to add 

http://jacklmoore.com/monte/ also as a option like colour box style. 

Will be bit ahead of time in comparison to other lightbox, just a suggestion ( actually request :) )

• adoi 877 days ago

Also, do not why slideshow is not working. 

• worldopensources 819 days ago

hi its not working with latest tidypics fix, is it also compatible for1.8 as well

• Ray J 819 days ago

@Worldopensources: The plugin is only compatible com ELGG 1.7 and the latest OFFICIAL tidypics release. A 1.8 version will be released with the official 1.8 release of tidypics.

• saurabh 514 days ago

Not working with elgg 1.8.9 i want to use this plugin can any one help .. :(