• License: GNU General Public License (GPL) version 2
  • Updated: 2013-12-1
  • Downloads: 6336
  • Recommendations: 26

Other Projects

View Per Jensen's plugins

Elggzone Darkgrey for Elgg 1.8

Last updated 161 days ago

Elggzone Darkgrey is a nice stylish Elgg template with a clean and modern design. Darkgrey has grained background and transparent boxes.

FEATURES:

• Fixed width
  • Topbar on index page
  • Support all default Elgg mods
  • Tidypics support
  • Modified icons
  • Logo psd included
  • W3C Validated

Like this plugin? Consider to click Recommend!

Release Notes:

- Updated to Elgg 1.8.14

Comments

• ɥɔuıɹƃ lɐʇıƃıp 383 days ago

What do you do in this theme that causes ADs to not show in footer? I need to undo that so I can show a banner

• Per Jensen 383 days ago

What did you do to show a banner?

I have tried a bunch of ways without success.I tried inserting the code into the HTML portion of default.php. When it is there, I see "Wounded Warrior Project" there for like half a second when I refresh page, just the title, no graphic, then something hides it. I tried inserting it in start.php, as an echo'd variable right after the plugins footer info, and I tried editing the array there

Currently, I am running a modfied version of the ADsRotator plugin. This version does not rotate ADs, does not put funky CSS around banners, and only shows a banner in the footer.

• Per Jensen 383 days ago

Are you sure you did it right, does it work without darkgreay enabled?

I just tried Ads rotator and it works without problem with darkgrey. And I also tried to add it with html, no problems. Try to copy paste page/elements/footer.php from the core files to the same location in darkgrey and add your ad code below the excisting code. This is a google ads example,

?>

<div style="width: 728px; margin: 60px auto 20px;">
        <script type="text/javascript"><!--
        google_ad_client = "xxxxxx";
        google_ad_slot = "xxxxx";
        google_ad_width = 728;
        google_ad_height = 90;
        //-->
        </script>
        <script type="text/javascript"
        src="http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/show_ads.js">
        </script>
    </div>

It happens with darkgrey off or on. Adding the linked image code to footer.php does not work

So I guess its not the theme, but I am now clueless as to the cause

• costakisc 383 days ago

@digital, you must have something else interfering.  I just tried this theme with the code i sent you and it works fine.

• ɥɔuıɹƃ lɐʇıƃıp 382 days ago

Yeah I don't think it is an issue with this authors theme/plugin, or the modified ADRotate from you

Thanks for your help

• mobofone 376 days ago

1. users are having a problem logging into the site with darkgrey theme activated when using non-firefox browsers. What's the problem please?

2. How can I change the appearance on the homepage? I want to show everything of my site without asking surfers to register and login, How can i do that please?

thanks

• Per Jensen 373 days ago

@mobofone

1. Don't think elggzone_darkgrey is the problem.

2. Uncheck "Restrict pages to logged-in users" and select "Public" as default access permissions.

• ɥɔuıɹƃ lɐʇıƃıp 185 days ago

I tried to add a single custom profile field(tags), but when I go back to my profile, all of the fields that were there are gone.

When I click Edit Profile, I am taken to a page where I can enter tags into the custom profile field. I save and the custom profile field shows up, but all of the other fields are still gone.

I remove the custom field in the admin panel, return to profile and all the normal fields re-appear

Is this theme able to use custom fields in profile? How do I fix it so they show up?

• Per Jensen 184 days ago

@ɥɔuıɹƃ lɐʇıƃıp

It has nothing to do with your theme, it's default behaviour. When you choose to use custom profile fields you replace all excisting fields and only the ones you add will show up.

If a custom field is left empty, it should not show up on the profile.

• ɥɔuıɹƃ lɐʇıƃıp 184 days ago

Oh, so the choices are leave default profile fields, or remake all exisiting profile fields & add the custom fields as well?

• Vextah 160 days ago

Great release, will now recommend :) Oh yeah, how can i remove the elgg logo bottom right?

Do i also have to keep the copyright to your site in bottom left of footer?

• Per Jensen 160 days ago

@Vextah

Elgg logo code is in footer.php.

You can edit as you like.

• Vextah 160 days ago

footer.php in the theme or in elg install?

• JohnK 69 days ago

@Per, I'm posting this here in case other users have the same problem. It has nothing to do with the Plugin but you may know the answer.

I'm getting white flashes whenever a link is clicked. Because the plugin is dark, these flashes are like a strobe light and they could have an adverse effect wih some users.

The problem is only happening on my hosted site. The pages and background stay grey on my Wamp Server. It is NOT all the time. Sometimes it will go back to normal for ten to twenty page changes or reloads, then start again. Putting things in the cache doesn't seem to matter.

This was raised by a user early in the development of 1.8 and the programmers were aware of it.

It's so annoying, I may have to revert to a theme with a white background unless I can rsolve it.

Do you have any ideas at all? I did load a couple of new plugins, but these are working fine on my desktop WAMP test site.

• Per Jensen 68 days ago

@JohnK

I do not get the white flash (1.9 though), check it out here: Demo

The only thing I can think of is ticking on both cache options, but you allready did that.

• Valentine Masina 17 days ago

Hie Per Jesen. I have tried to replace logo.png in the graphivs file and my logo is still not showing up. Please help me I am a newbie in this. And how do I change the background repeat picture? I tried to chnage tile_bg.jpeg but that didnt work too. Thanks for your help