13net

It's easy to think we can just use up all the internet we want, but if we don't treat it with the respect that it deserves, it could one day be gone forever.

Stats

• Category: Uncategorized
  • License: GNU General Public License (GPL) version 2
  • Updated: 2012-1-18
  • Downloads: 1094
  • Recommendations: 11

Releases

Previous releases:

Other Projects

View 13net's plugins

Topbar¹ for 1.8 for Elgg 1.8

Enables a stylish topbar on your Elgg site.

Last updated 833 days ago

!!! This plugin requires the phloorFramework - please make sure you got the LATEST release !!!

This plugin enables a topbar that integrates well with the default theme but can also be adapted to your specific requirements very easily. Take a look at the screenshots or view a demo on http://phloor.13net.at

The admin can enable/disable following elements:

• Dropdown login form (only visible for not logged in users/guests)
  • Search field
  • Quick link to phloor plugins

the plugin does not override any core files - so by default it will do exactly what the standard topbar would do: e.g. not showing up for non-logged-in users. you have to edit/override the core layout file for additional and different behaviour.

Instructions for an always visible topbar

If you are using Elggs default layout than you can edit the lines 46 and 52 in file ''views/default/page/default.php" like the following.. from:

<?php if (elgg_is_logged_in()): ?>   

<div class="elgg-page-topbar">       

<div class="elgg-inner">           

<?php echo $topbar; ?>       

</div>   

</div>   

<?php endif; ?>

to:

<?php /*if (elgg_is_logged_in()):*/ ?>

<div class="elgg-inner">           

<?php echo $topbar; ?>       

</div>   

</div>   

<?php /*endif;*/ ?>

!! Best practice is to copy the file and put it into a seperate plugin !!

Please report any errors. Suggestions are very welcome. If you like the plugin please consider a recommendation. Thank you!

Release Notes:

/** * @version 1.8-12.01.13 */- Initial release

Comments

• fareed 833 days ago

@13net I am using custom_index and enabled the top bar plugin, but it is not displaying anything for not loggedin users.  I can not see the top bar at all even after rebuild and clearing the cache.

Thanks for the mod

• 13net 833 days ago

i did not override any core files - so by default it will do exactly what the standard topbar would do: not showing up for non-logged-in users. you have to edit/override the core layout file for this behaviour. pm me if you need help.

• fareed 832 days ago

@13net the code below works fine, but one small issue it makes the Dashboard link visibile to non logged in users.  And when you click it, it gives you the error that you have to be logged in.

<?php /*if (elgg_is_logged_in()):*/ ?>

<div class="elgg-inner">           

<?php echo $topbar; ?>       

</div>   

</div>   

<?php /*endif;*/ ?>

• 13net 832 days ago

@fareed: that'd also happen with the standard topbar. thats an "issue" (not really a bug) of the dashboard plugin - it registers its menuitem even when the user is not logged in. please report it to http://trac.elgg.org/

you can help yourself by adding this code to the "phloor_topbar_pagesetup" function in the file "start.php":

if(!elgg_is_logged_in()) {

elgg_unregister_menu_item('topbar', 'dashboard');

}

• Burgs 804 days ago

Will phoorFramework conflict with hypeFramework and vise-versa?

• 13net 804 days ago

@Burgs Has not been tested yet - but I dont see a reason for any conflict. Go for it.

• Richard Hipkin 802 days ago

@Burgs, I have both frameworks running just fine - make sure Hype's is below phloor's.

• Shouvik Mukherjee 802 days ago

Awesome work, 13Net! Recommended

• Burgs 802 days ago

@Richard Hipkin... Just had a couple of days running both frameworks, just Alive plugin and Topbar plugin from each activated. I have hype above phloor in plugin order and all is runing fine, why do you comment that hype needs to be below phloor, does it involve other plugins from them? 

• Richard Hipkin 802 days ago

@Burgs, just playing it safe :) I noticed that Ismayil usually finishes off his instructions with "make sure that the plugin is at the bottom....", or something along those lines whereas 13net doesn't ...lol... anyway, I thought it probably be better to follow the developers advice :) I have no problems and judging by your response neither do you! So all good ;)

• 13net 802 days ago

@richard most of my plugins dont care about where you put them. If a specific order is required it is definitely mentioned in the readme.txt file or specified in the manifest.xml file. as long as the phloor framework is _over_ all phloor plugins it should be fine.

• patriot 742 days ago

My God your plugins are excellent!

• patriot 741 days ago

Is there a way to get the regular menu items to show for guests? Also my search box isn't showing for guests? I already used you edit for them to show in the topbar for guests and that works.This might not involve your plugin...

Jeff

• patriot 741 days ago

It might be because I'm using the Darkzone theme.

• [cim] 704 days ago

why do you need your "framework" when you can just add a simple file to make the topbar visible?