Ismayil Khayredinov's plugins:
hypeSEO is a tool to help you rewrite Elgg URLs into a search engine friendly format
Main features include:
- Any URLs containing an entity GUID are automatically converted to GUID-entity-title format
- SEF URLs can be edited in the admin backend
- DO NOT USE ON PRODUCTION SITES. THIS RELEASE IS FOR TESTING PURPOSES ONLY. YOU CAN CAUSE DAMAGE TO YOUR PRODUCTION SITE IF YOU DO SOMETHING WRONG
- This is not a rewriting tool, but a forwarding tool, which means it does not rewrite actual links present in your html dom. For as long as there are no appropriate hooks in Elgg to overwrite entity urls, this will stay this way
- The first segment of your URL can not containt file extentions, e.g.:
YOU CAN USE:
YOU CAN NOT USE:
- All SEF URLs must be unique
For the SEF URLs to appear in your settings you need to manually click on all the links, or use a crawler that will do that for you.
1) Elgg 1.8.3+
2) hypeFramework 1.8.5+
DO NOT USE ON PRODUCTIONS SITES!!!
@RVR, welcome. Looking forward to your testing results. I would be interested in hearing about use cases that I haven't thought about, as well as any performance issues. It would also be good to add some checks as to avoid that the user breaks anything. So, if you end up breaking something, let me know ;)
I tested it right now:
1. In first I installed Elgg 1.8.3 with MODs by default.
2. Then hypeFramework 1.8.5 and hypeSEO.
3. After enabling the hJ-MODs I created 3 posts in Blog:
In the Manage hJ:SEO (Administration section) I submitted the settings of my posts:
4. I got the following results:
- all links returns the old URLs when I hover the cursor
- but I got SEF URLs in the address bar with adding the following variables
Now I'm trying to find some the fixes for that plugin ;)
Need Log out and Delete all cookies.
After I got it:
Now it's better ;)
Ismail, when installing were enclosed plugins by default:
Blog 1.8, Bookmarks 1.8, Embed 1.8.1, File 1.8.1, Garbage Collector 1.5, Groups 1.8, HTMLLawed 1.5, Invite Friends 1.8, Likes 1.8, Log Browser 1.8, Log Rotate 1.5, Members 1.8, Message Board 1.8, Messages 1.8, Notifications 1.7, Pages 1.8, Profile 1.8, Reported Content 1.8, Search 1.8, The Wire 1.8, TinyMCE 1.8, User Validation by Email 1.8, Zaudio 1.8.
Later I have installed hypeFramework 1.8.5, hipeSEO 1.9.0. And this variable appeared.
After this, i have included other plugins, but nothing do not change.