• Category: Site admin
  • License: GNU General Public License (GPL) version 2
  • Updated: 2013-11-28
  • Downloads: 12263
  • Recommendations: 148

Other Projects

View Satheesh PM's plugins

3 Column River Activity for Elgg 1.8

3 Column River Activity Page. Replace the default river activity page with a 3 column activity page

Last updated 162 days ago

please send pull requests for adding translations for this plugin from GIT HUB

This will replace the default activity page with three / two column, which is fully configurable from plugin settings.

FEATURES

1. You can set the activity page as 3 column or 2 column
  2. You can set the whole site as 3 column or 2 column
  3. Shows Birthday of members in sidebar..
  4. Shows the members who celebrate birthdays in current month, previous and next months
  5. Option to send Birthday wishes to members celebrating their birthday. (daily cron required)
  6. Rotating Site Announcements at the center
  7. Riverbox view can be selected from 4 views
  8. Riverbox can be arranged in left or right side. with vertical ordering too
  9. Online members and friends online, recent members riverbox
  10. Group membership, latest groups, Featured group riverboxes
  11. Latest blogs, files, pages, bookmarks, wire, disscussions, events, photos, videos etc...
  12. Any Entity River box.. Just add the Object subtype in the settings you will get a Riverbox in the activity page for that entity
  13. HTML Message box
  14. Option to show HTML Message open as a popup for one time per session. so can be used for important notices
  15. Shows profile photo and some links below...
  16. Option to show the date of join and last login to the site below the profile photo
  17. Site online status (enter the start date of site and will show how many days has passed since the start of site and its total users and active users
  18. Daily horoscope box
  19. Now posting forms of wire, blog, file, video, photos and bookmarks are available activity page as tabs.
  20. Ajax posting of wire to river page
  21. No conflict with any other plugins and goes with any theme (Dont know about facebook theme and related themes)

UPCOMING FEATURES

1. Drag and Drop settings for riverboxs so vertical arrangement will be easy
  2. Live river update without refresh

I got ELGG for free and hence my plugins will always free.

If this plugin is useful for you, Please do a recommendation for this plugin. Thank You.

your comments and suggestions are always welcome.

Thing to Remember :

After enabling the plugin run the script at Administer->users->birthday members.. to associate a new metadata "BD-month" to all members haveing a birthday metadata...

Please do run this scriopt to make your site load faster....

Release Notes:

fixed some bugs in birthday script

added few forms to wire box like blog, file, video, photos, invite

Comments

• meril 162 days ago

@ Satheesh: wow this update rocks I like the activity wire with blog,bookmark all those stuffs..

Thank you for the update.. Few additional plugins i added to the blog plugin to show the publish date using blog tools those render little bit miss place but doesnt matters .. This stuff is really good.. Thank you once again..  

• meril 162 days ago

@Satheesh regarding the photo it will be good when we clicked it asks for create an album or upload in existing album.. 

• Satheesh PM 162 days ago

@meril thanks...  will do that later

• Satheesh PM 154 days ago

Updated some screen shots of the latest version of this plugin

• Shah 148 days ago

Hi Satheesh... Thanks for such a nice plugin... 

Would like to hide File & Video "Tabs" from the activity page... plz help...

• Satheesh PM 148 days ago

see the file views/default/page/elememts/forms.php

delete the <li> curresponds to files and video...

• buule 143 days ago

Hi am using the 3 column river plugin for my community but the birthday function doesn't seem to work.What could be the problem?

• buule 143 days ago

I would like to include suggested friends in the river colum,I need some assistance. @Satheesh

• Satheesh PM 142 days ago

@buule, use the latest version of this plugin..  and provide the profile_manager field for birthday in settings..

After enabling the plugin run the script at Administer->users->birthday members.. to associate a new metadata "BD-month" to all members haveing a birthday metadata...

Please do run this scriopt to make your site load faster....

• Shah 142 days ago

Thanks Satheesh...

see the file views/default/page/elememts/forms.php
    delete the <li> curresponds to files and video...
  • buule 142 days ago

worked

• Marius Modoranu 137 days ago

Hello Satheesh PM,

Wich are the other plugin that works with your 3 Column River Activity, for example: video, photo, events, calendar, etc?

Could you add this to info?

Thank you.
    Regards.

• Satheesh PM 136 days ago

it will work with any plugins.. since it oonly extends the view of the default activity page of site...

will work with all most all the themes (but dont know about the facebook theme and related themes)

• Marius Modoranu 136 days ago

Hello,

I use Videolist and it doesn't work.
    Your plugin tells me that video is not enabled.
    Do you recommend other videos plugin?

Regards.

• Satheesh PM 136 days ago

i was using videos plugin of team wegalli..

You can show the latest video in activity page by adding object 'subtype' of the video in the settings of any entity subtype...

• Marius Modoranu 136 days ago

Hello Satheesh,
    Is there possible to remove "Birthdays" page from the site?
    Thanks.

• tina1000 135 days ago

i like this plugin . but i needn't the birthday at my website. How can i delete it from the menu? thanks.

• Satheesh PM 134 days ago

@Marius, Tina.

Remve this line from start.php of this plugin...    

elgg_register_menu_item('site', new ElggMenuItem('river_activity_3C', elgg_echo('river_activity_3C:birthdays'), 'river_activity_3C'));

• cicor 127 days ago

Hello Satheesh  can you tell me how can i increase the size of left column

• Godwin 126 days ago

I like this plugin, but after uploading and activating it, my page turns blank white each time I click on the setting option. What should I do

• Satheesh PM 126 days ago

@goodwin

your upload may be incomplete... remove the old version fully and upload the latest version and seee.. after activating  clear the cache...

• Satheesh PM 126 days ago

@cicor, you need to change the css of elgg

• Michalis 125 days ago

@Satheesh PM

How can I make the different objects (latest bookmarks, videos, pages etc) that I have set up to appear on the right column appear also for logged out users and not just for logged in users?

• Satheesh PM 122 days ago

@michaliscy,

you need to find a line if(elgg_is_logged_in){ and remove it.. also remove closeing tag of if }

• cicor 121 days ago

Satheesh one more question you uploaded four pics here, in 3rd pic there is one Box to post status just above the activity can you tell me how can i get that on my site thanks.