• Category: Site admin
  • License: GNU General Public License (GPL) version 2
  • Updated: 2013-11-28
  • Downloads: 12260
  • Recommendations: 148

Other Projects

View Satheesh PM's plugins

3 Column River Activity for Elgg 1.8

3 Column River Activity Page. Replace the default river activity page with a 3 column activity page

Last updated 161 days ago

please send pull requests for adding translations for this plugin from GIT HUB

This will replace the default activity page with three / two column, which is fully configurable from plugin settings.

FEATURES

1. You can set the activity page as 3 column or 2 column
  2. You can set the whole site as 3 column or 2 column
  3. Shows Birthday of members in sidebar..
  4. Shows the members who celebrate birthdays in current month, previous and next months
  5. Option to send Birthday wishes to members celebrating their birthday. (daily cron required)
  6. Rotating Site Announcements at the center
  7. Riverbox view can be selected from 4 views
  8. Riverbox can be arranged in left or right side. with vertical ordering too
  9. Online members and friends online, recent members riverbox
  10. Group membership, latest groups, Featured group riverboxes
  11. Latest blogs, files, pages, bookmarks, wire, disscussions, events, photos, videos etc...
  12. Any Entity River box.. Just add the Object subtype in the settings you will get a Riverbox in the activity page for that entity
  13. HTML Message box
  14. Option to show HTML Message open as a popup for one time per session. so can be used for important notices
  15. Shows profile photo and some links below...
  16. Option to show the date of join and last login to the site below the profile photo
  17. Site online status (enter the start date of site and will show how many days has passed since the start of site and its total users and active users
  18. Daily horoscope box
  19. Now posting forms of wire, blog, file, video, photos and bookmarks are available activity page as tabs.
  20. Ajax posting of wire to river page
  21. No conflict with any other plugins and goes with any theme (Dont know about facebook theme and related themes)

UPCOMING FEATURES

1. Drag and Drop settings for riverboxs so vertical arrangement will be easy
  2. Live river update without refresh

I got ELGG for free and hence my plugins will always free.

If this plugin is useful for you, Please do a recommendation for this plugin. Thank You.

your comments and suggestions are always welcome.

Thing to Remember :

After enabling the plugin run the script at Administer->users->birthday members.. to associate a new metadata "BD-month" to all members haveing a birthday metadata...

Please do run this scriopt to make your site load faster....

Release Notes:

Deleted the accidental space at the beginning of the en.php file in the earlier version.

Thank you Brett for finding out this...

1. Admin can select the layout of River Activity Page 3 Column or 2 column
  2. Layout for the wholse site can be 3 Column or 2 column (must keep this plugin at bottom of all plugin
  3. Birthday message will be send to users.. on their birth date.. (need to have a working cron in contrl panel) can eanle and disable that from settings page
  4. Added option to place the riverbox in right column or left column.
  5. Added Order Priority to order the boxes in the vertical manner...
  6. Added option to show or hide member status, links below profile avatar and the avatar in user icon menu
  7. Added seperate views for wire form and site messages
  8. Added a river box for tinypic
  9. Added a river box for videos (videos plugin of plugingalexy)
  10. Added a Any Object Subtype Entity River Box where you can enter the object subtype like blog, album, news, etc and this will show a riverbox in activity page
  11. Added a HTML box where you can enter any HTML text to show river activity page
  12. Setting page looks good (I feel so)

Comments

• ghumanz 639 days ago

Great job Satheesh

• kisssssss4ever 638 days ago

GReat, share

I wanna know how I can change the order in the main home page?

I wanna show horoscop in the right side of my home page how I can do that please?

• Satheesh PM 638 days ago

please see the settings page first.... vertical and left right ordering is there in settings page...

• Eloy E Valderrama M 638 days ago

Hi thanks for the update, yet I could not check the box of birthday and now does not appear. Could you tell me it can be?

Excellent work as all we have received from you.

• kisssssss4ever 637 days ago

Thanks Satheesh, I can see the horoscope codes in settings page but I can't see left right ordering. Where I should pust horoscope code in the settings page?

I wanna show horoscope in the right side of website and in the very end.

Many thanks in advance

Regards

• Satheesh PM 637 days ago

please download the 1.8.8.2 version.

Deactiavate and Delete the old installation. Upload the new and activate... then see the settings page.

• meril 637 days ago

Thank you satheeh for this lovely plugin... i want to recommend but i dont see recommend button here...

• Pablo Alberto 637 days ago

Thanks a lot Satheesh PM for this wonderful plugin...Recommended!...Just wating for the activation of suggested_friends.

• kisssssss4ever 636 days ago

@Satheesh PM  Thank you so much, i installed ur this plugin. I wanna keep only my home page 3 column but the rest of the site I wanna keep only 2 column. I did try to select 2 column option from plugin setting for thw whole website but there is some extra space I can see when visit profile page. How to finish that extra space from the user profile page, here is the screen shot to get better idea what I am talking about.

Please try to help and this would be useful for other users as well.

Many thanks in advance,

Kindest Regards 

• Satheesh PM 636 days ago

@kisssssss4ever..

this is not a problem with my plugin... you need to contact the auther of the theme which you are using...

• coolsam001 635 days ago

@ Satheesh Pm .Please add a recommend button. 

• Satheesh PM 635 days ago

recommend button is property of community.elgg.org not my plugin... you need to login to do a recommendation and if you have already recommended once it will not be visible...

• coolsam001 634 days ago

Thanks got it.

• kisssssss4ever 629 days ago

I installed this plugin, but strange things I can see.

When I try to set something left in order in settings shows on the right in the website, if I select right in order but website shows left.

Also few boxes does not move at all even changing by order numbers :(

someone is getting the same problems as I am getting?

• Satheesh PM 628 days ago

May be your (or mine?) concept of LHS and RHS is wrong...

after changing the order need to save the settings and reload the activity page..

your problem may be because of browser cache,,, delete browser cache tooo

• shanu 624 days ago

i want this plugin which is compatible for 1.7.8.. can anyone help me  to find/buit like this?

• Satheesh PM 624 days ago

@shanu y dont you try this plugin which is compactable for 1.7.x.. Get it here

http://community.elgg.org/plugins/820513/1.7.14/elgg-3c-riverdashboard

• shanu 624 days ago

@thuvalpakshi if i try to enable the plugin i get an error like this

riverdashboard is a misconfigured plugin. It has been disabled. Please search the Elgg wiki for possible causes http://docs.elgg.org/wiki/).

How can i fix it?

• Arsalan Shah ( Liang Lee ) 624 days ago

@shanu check that you have extracted plugin in 

mod/yourplugin

Not in

mod/yourplugin/yourplugin

The start.php file of a plugin needs to be directly in the mod/"plugin-name" folder. If you don't see it there (or any other files of the plugin) you will get the "misconfigured plugin" error.

• shanu 623 days ago

@arsalanlee yes it was in mod/yourplugin only.. i even checked with start.php and its all correct. but not yet able to enable this plugin and getting the same issues in my elgg asis environment for version 1.7.8... 

• Arsalan Shah ( Liang Lee ) 623 days ago

@shanu  This plugin works only in elgg 1.8 version please make sure you are using 1.8 version.

• Mark Randall 623 days ago

Question. Is there some way that I could use part of this, like the latest groups or the latest blogs section, to say put that on the home page of my website? To where it would automaticly update there as new blogs or groups are posted? If so, could you help me do that?

• kisssssss4ever 618 days ago

I need this plugin but previous version of 3 Column River Activity, becoz the previous was working fine for me and this one is not working ordering is not working :(

• Satheesh PM 617 days ago

there is no diffrence between the previous one and this one.. in previous one there was an accidental space at the beginning of the en.php file. (Thank you Brett for finding out this...)

i have deleted that and released as a new version... thats alll

• Tommy 612 days ago

I'm new so forgive my silly question. How do you configure the ordering in the settings? Nothing I enter changes the ordering. I've tried 1, '1', "1", 1/5, '1/5', "1/5", 1:5, etc. Nothing seems to do it. I'm guessing I'm entering it wrong. Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.