File Download Limitiation?

Hello I am new to this group and the Elgg community in general. I have been working on a site in elgg 1.7 now for a few months and have gotten reasonably proficient in the configuration and installation of the program. The problem I seem to be currently facing is frustrating as I have set all the memory limitations i can find to over a gig and the file uploads just fine. I can find it in the data folder a full 700mb AVI file I can even play it locally through a movie player. However if i try to download said file through elgg either locally or over a network it will stop the file at around 500mbs sometimes its 489 or 491 or 502 but it seems to always be around 500... I cant seem to find any reason for this . interestingly the file will still play in vlc it just cuts it off at the end so its downloading sequentially just not the whole thing..any help with this would be greatly appreciated as we would like to be able to host large video files on the site..Thanks!!

• Oh here is my htaccess btw but I dont think this is the problem as the file uploads completely

# Elgg htaccess directives
    # Copyright Curverider Ltd 2008-2009
    # License http://www.gnu.org/licenses/old-licenses/gpl-2.0.html GNU Public License version 2
    # Link http://elgg.org/

<Files "htaccess_dist">
        order allow,deny
        deny from all
    </Files>

# Don't listing directory
    Options -Indexes

# Follow symbolic links
    Options +FollowSymLinks

# Default handler
    DirectoryIndex index.php

# Turn on expiry
    <IfModule mod_expires.c>
        ExpiresActive On
        ExpiresDefault "access plus 10 years"
    </IfModule>

# php 5, apache 1 and 2
    <IfModule mod_php5.c>
        # limit the maximum memory consumed by the php script to 64M
        php_value memory_limit 6144M
        # register_globals is deprecated as of PHP 5.3.0 - disable it for security reasons.
        php_value register_globals 0
        # post_max_size is the maximum size of ALL the data that is POST'ed to php at a time (8 MB)
        php_value post_max_size 2048M
        # upload_max_filesize is the maximum size of a single uploaded file (5MB)
            php_value upload_max_filesize 2048M
        # on development servers, set to 1 to display errors. Set to 0 on production servers.
        php_value display_errors 0
    </IfModule>

# Turn on mod_gzip if available
    <IfModule mod_gzip.c>
        mod_gzip_on yes
        mod_gzip_dechunk yes
        mod_gzip_keep_workfiles No
        mod_gzip_minimum_file_size 1000
        mod_gzip_maximum_file_size 2147483648
        mod_gzip_maximum_inmem_size 2147483648

mod_gzip_item_include mime ^text/.*
        mod_gzip_item_include mime ^application/javascript$
        mod_gzip_item_include mime ^application/x-javascript$
        # Exclude old browsers and images since IE has trouble with this
        mod_gzip_item_exclude reqheader "User-Agent: .*Mozilla/4\..*\["
        mod_gzip_item_exclude mime ^image/.*
    </IfModule>

## Apache2 deflate support if available
    ##
    ## Important note: mod_headers is required for correct functioning across proxies.
    ##
    <IfModule mod_deflate.c>
        AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE text/html text/plain text/xml text/css text/javascript application/javascript application/x-javascript
        BrowserMatch ^Mozilla/4 gzip-only-text/html
        BrowserMatch ^Mozilla/4\.[0678] no-gzip
        BrowserMatch \bMSIE !no-gzip

<IfModule mod_headers.c>   
        Header append Vary User-Agent env=!dont-vary
    </IfModule>   

# The following is to disable compression for actions. The reason being is that these
        # may offer direct downloads which (since the initial request comes in as text/html and headers
        # get changed in the script) get double compressed and become unusable when downloaded by IE.
        SetEnvIfNoCase Request_URI action\/* no-gzip dont-vary
        SetEnvIfNoCase Request_URI actions\/* no-gzip dont-vary

</IfModule>

# Configure ETags
    <FilesMatch "\.(jpg|jpeg|gif|png|mp3|flv|mov|avi|3pg|html|htm|swf)$">
        FileETag MTime Size
    </FilesMatch>

<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>

RewriteEngine on

# If Elgg is in a subdirectory on your site, you might need to add a RewriteBase line
    # containing the path from your site root to elgg's root. e.g. If your site is
    # http://example.com/ and Elgg is in http://example.com/sites/elgg/, you might need
    #
    #RewriteBase /sites/elgg/
    #
    # here, only without the # in front.
    #
    # If you're not running Elgg in a subdirectory on your site, but still getting lots
    # of 404 errors beyond the front page, you could instead try:
    #
    #RewriteBase /

RewriteRule ^action\/([A-Za-z0-9\_\-\/]+)$ engine/handlers/action_handler.php?action=$1&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^services\/api\/([A-Za-z0-9\_\-]+)\/(.*)$ engine/handlers/service_handler.php?handler=$1&request=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^export\/([A-Za-z]+)\/([0-9]+)$ services/export/handler.php?view=$1&guid=$2
    RewriteRule ^export\/([A-Za-z]+)\/([0-9]+)\/$ services/export/handler.php?view=$1&guid=$2
    RewriteRule ^export\/([A-Za-z]+)\/([0-9]+)\/([A-Za-z]+)\/([A-Za-z0-9\_]+)\/$ services/export/handler.php?view=$1&guid=$2&type=$3&idname=$4

RewriteRule ^\_css\/css\.css$ _css/css.php

RewriteRule ^pg\/([A-Za-z0-9\_\-]+)\/(.*)$ engine/handlers/pagehandler.php?handler=$1&page=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
    RewriteRule ^pg\/([A-Za-z0-9\_\-]+)$ engine/handlers/pagehandler.php?handler=$1&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule xml-rpc.php engine/handlers/xml-rpc_handler.php
    RewriteRule mt/mt-xmlrpc.cgi engine/handlers/xml-rpc_handler.php

RewriteRule ^tag/(.+)/?$ engine/handlers/pagehandler.php?handler=search&page=$1

</IfModule>