Elgg couldn't connect to the database using the given credentials.

Hello. Please help me.I have installing Elgg and everything is ok I installed elgg-1.7.6... the problem is that seized me this message... in widgets and on the website and in white page and appear with this message. I can do to avoid this error.  A greeting and thanks.

Welcome to Elgg.

Elgg couldn't connect to the database using the given credentials.

• Make sure you put the right username and pass for the database. Also, check the path for connecting to the database

Rodolfo Hernandez

Arvixe/Elgg Community Liaison

• I installed on host gator, had to do the information manually in settings.php and had to remove both {{ and }} between the " "

• Odd. Check your database for errors. Also, you may wanna consider using the latest version of elgg.

Rodolfo Hernandez

Arvixe/Elgg Community Liaison

• I found that if you del evrything after the initial DB, if you are not splitting your read/writes utill URL it works fine.

<?php
    /**
     * Elgg settings
     * Elgg manages most of its configuration from the admin panel. However, we need you to
     * include your database settings below.
     * @todo Turn this into something we handle more automatically.
     */

global $CONFIG;
    if (!isset($CONFIG)) {
        $CONFIG = new stdClass;
    }

/*
     * Standard configuration
     * You will use the same database connection for reads and writes.
     * This is the easiest configuration, and will suit 99.99% of setups. However, if you're
     * running a really popular site, you'll probably want to spread out your database connections
     * and implement database replication.  That's beyond the scope of this configuration file
     * to explain, but if you know you need it, skip past this section.
     */

// Database username
    $CONFIG->dbuser = '';

// Database password
    $CONFIG->dbpass = '';

// Database name
    $CONFIG->dbname = '';

// Database server
    // (For most configurations, you can leave this as 'localhost')
    $CONFIG->dbhost = '';

// Database table prefix
    // If you're sharing a database with other applications, you will want to use this
    // to differentiate Elgg's tables.
    $CONFIG->dbprefix = '';

// URL
    $CONFIG->url = "";

this is my settings.php and it works fine.

• There's nothing wrong with your database connection params - you must be using some theme or customized code that is breaking the logical path(s) for fetchng tha engine/start.php that is causing the widgets to fail because they cannot get the correct DB credentials and so "couldn't connect to the database... " Try disabling all themes and non-elgg plugins.

• I'll reinstall it ... I have a question which type of Elgg is the best,  I had installed the elgg-1.7.6 and has many errors. Also, in some cases lack token tells me not why.
    And where is stored the list of members is that I have and many people in the forum. I WISH SAVE IT
    Thanks a greeting.
    Goodbye