NS help upgrading

I have been trying to upgrade from 1.8 to 1.9.8 without much success.

I have lost all members and images from the site.  They are still in the database and data files just not showing up on the site.

I am at a point that I will gladly pay someone to do the upgrade for me.

Thanks, Bob

• Did you:

• Run upgrade.php
    • Check if htaccess exist
    • Upgrade databases in admin panel right hand side
  • @Cin, yes I have ran upgrade.php, checked to see if htaccess exist and there were no upgrades in the admin panel.  "

Upgrades

Your installation is up to date! "

The last couple of entry's in the error log are:

[Wed Feb 18 10:54:49 2015] [error] [client 207.243.120.126] PHP WARNING: 2015-02-18 10:54:49 (EST): "mkdir() [<a href='function.mkdir'>function.mkdir</a>]: Permission denied" in file /home/domains/barespace.net/www_root/engine/classes/ElggFileCache.php (line 66), referer: http://barespace.net/admin/upgrades
    [Wed Feb 18 10:54:49 2015] [error] [client 207.243.120.126] PHP WARNING: 2015-02-18 10:54:49 (EST): "fopen(/home/domains/data/system_cache/autoload_data.php) [<a href='function.fopen'>function.fopen</a>]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory" in file /home/domains/barespace.net/www_root/engine/classes/ElggFileCache.php (line 74), referer: http://barespace.net/admin/upgrades

• I'm far from an expert but looking at the errors I would check the following.

1. Is that indeed the correct path to the data directory?

2. If the path is correct, sure file permissions are 770 for the data directory.

3. Upload your backup copy of autoload_data.php (assuming you have a backup).

Dan

• What directory would autoload_data.php be?  I looked in the data directory and it is not there and can not find it in my backup of the site.

• Is the permission for data directory 777? 

• You're getting a permission error, did you chown your root directory to the http server?

• It would be .../data/system_cache/autoload_data.php

In administration under Advanced Settings check and make sure the full path to the data directory is also correct.

• OK I had to delete 1.9.8 and reinstall it.  Someone had told me that my paths were wrong and when I changed them none of the plugins would load. 

Dan, the /data/system_cache/ is an empty directory.  I am assuming<hate that word> the path to the data directory is correct because I had no problem with the install.

When I go to Upgrade in the admin section it says:

Upgrades

Your installation is up to date!

I have ran upgrade.php with no change.  I still have no members or images showing.  All of them are still in the /data/ folder and the database.

• If you set your data directory with that name data, the data/system_cache/ directory should not be empty, it gets updated so it needs to be written to.

Attached is a screen shot of mine. I named my data directory data-riders because I plan on doing multiple installation of elgg.

data directory

Professional Services

Professional Services

Get / offer professional help on Elgg; like customization, design, development, setup, hosting... Illegal trades are not allowed.