Hide activity feed from guests?

Hello, All I want to show on my homepage for guests is the login form. I went to Appearance > Default Widgets > Profile (and also dashboard). I changed those so only logged in users can view them. But I cannot figure out how to remove the 'activity' from guests on my homepage. I have searched on here and google and have yet to find the answer, Any help would be appreciated. Thank you in advance!

• Hello MHV,

If you don't want to alter the code, you can turn off access to all pages for guest users using the following option:

Login as admin -> Administration -> Settings -> Advanced Settings -> Turn on [Restrict pages to logged-in users].

Regards

Manmeet

ORBSystems.com

• Just enable the custom_index plugin. You can then customise this plugin so that you can have your own homepage

• Hi,  I am using Elgg 1.8.4, with Custom Index Widgets 2.4.  I want to hide only activity and member profiles from guests, but allow blogs and other pages marked as public access to be viewed by guests:

This makes the walled garden option not entirely feaseable and I am ok with altering code.

I have read about adding gatekeeper(), however can someone give me some pointers about what and where to edit?

• @Christopher Neitzert Did you get ssomething my requirements are same I restricted members page from guest by adding gatekeeper(); but did not found proper file to add gatekeep(); for activity page.

• Go to www folder and then in pages > river.php

add gatekeeper(); before $options = array();

It will hide activity from Guests.