Is the Theme Picker on Elgg.com available for download and use?

I am a completely new Elgg user. I set up a trial account on Elgg.com, and I was very impressed by the theme picker, custom css editor, and front page layout tool. I assume these are all plugins, but I don't know whether they are available as part of the open source download.

Does anyone know if they are available, either for free, or for purchase?

Thanks

• Those plugins are not available here, only there. I don't know if you can buy them separately or not. I do know you can sign up for a monthly fee and get those plugins and more.

Rodolfo Hernandez
    Arvixe/Elgg Community Liaison

• I suppose that one can aways grab the one of Elgg.Com Hosting packages to take advantage of those special PlugIns. 'Theme Picker' ? on Elgg.Com ? I had not noticed that there.. There were some Theme Switchers PlugIns or two with Elgg.1.7, tho seems to be none available since Elgg.1.8 - suppose because the views/menus design structure has changed too much and does not quite alllow simplistic CSS manouvering to affect 'theme switching'. The only 'theme switcher' for 1.8 that I am aware of is 'DDS-THEME-TRICKZ' -- under careful and deliberate development (but for planned internal uses only) for EmbrachE (me) and ElggZone @perjensen-online.dk (mi amigo 'Gillie')

• Here is the early beginings of that plugin (I think) 
    http://community.elgg.org/pg/plugins/release/54681/developer/openid_2268/thematic-theme-switcher

Maybe it will give you an idea on how to create a plugin for it in 1.8 ?? 

• Thanks for all your suggestions. I have written to sales @Elgg.com to see if it is possible to license this - I will report back. Also, I would be very happy to contribute to the cost of developing this plugin - if we can't license it - and give it back to the community as a GPL item.  

Just in case anyone is interested in finishing the code that Steve pointed to.

• The theme filter option is already available on Elgg 1.8. In the plugin listing page, you can filter the plugins based on the categories.

• Oh, that's interesting. Perhaps I am missing the obvious! But, just to be clear, what I am talking about is a menu option (at the same level as Settings, and Administration) called Themes.  When you click that, you get a collection of thumbnails - at the bottom of the screen - showing different themes.  Click on one of those and the whole theme of the site is changed.

Is that the feature that is already built into 1.8?

By the way, is there some way to subscribe to this thread so that I get email notification when a new comment is added?

Cheers

Andy

• In the plugin settings page, you can filter the plugins as themes. If the themes include screenshots in their package, you will be able to see the thumbnails too. This is a feature in 1.8

• Oh, I see what you mean!  That's very neat. I shall go and experiment

TVM

Andy