Elgg Hammer

Warning: This plugin has't been updated in over 54 years. It may no longer be maintained.

What you can do to help:

Send Cracker-Jacks, Script-Kiddies, Pingers, Bad Bots, and Spiders packing! Protect your valuable Elgg site resources for genuine users, members or clients..

by Tom
Last updated

Elgg-Hammer ! High Speed Elgg on shared hosting plan or account or VPS or Dedicated server/Hosting is at your fingertips.

Si tu sitio de Elgg desacelerando o retraso o correr mucho más lento de lo normal o normal?

Is your Elgg site slowing down or lagging or running significantly slower than usual or normal?

Online Web site bots, crawlers, spiders, and even spammers can slow down your Elgg site quite significantly or your Elgg site loading times might take a little longer than a normal Elgg site. To be honest, the bots, crawlers, spiders, and even spammers can make your Elgg site not work like it is suppose to be or like it used to when you first downloaded and installed your fresh and new Elgg site. And this is where Elgg Hammer can help make your Elgg site return to its former loading or running speed...

Elgg-Hammer! There are more Elgg hammer function designs to come! If you like it, Recommend it and download it now!

•     Automatically ban web site hammers!
  •     Protect your site against Referer Spam!
  •     Deny script-kiddie and h4x0r requests!
  •     Send bad bots and spiders packing!
  •     Protect your valuable server resources for genuine clients..

1. ALLOW ONLY SOME GOOD Web robots to search your Elgg site and SHUT others from slowing down your site.
  2. Allow only some good bots to by pass Elgg Hammer.... altavista, askjeeves, excite, google, infoseek, inktomi, lycos, Microsoft, misc, msn, northernlight, wisenut  ... Anything not in these list will be kicked out or blocked out of any site protected by ELGG HAMMER.

Elgg-Hammer is a php script that runs when your Elgg pages start loading and it searches as requests arrive, Elgg-Hammer checks how long it's been since that client's last  request.

If a reasonable amount of time has passed, the page is served as usual. But if not, their "Hammer Count" is increased.

Oh oh ho ho ho! When the elgg hammer trigger levels count reaches, the user if is hammering is immediately suspended, and redirected to a page with a message  "must wait X amount of seconds before you will try again!" The more they continue to mess around with your website, the longer they will have to wait.

If you Like this plugin, consider to click Recommend button for other Elgg members to find it useful for their sites!

Elgg hammer is easy to configure...

How to Install?

Installation

• Download it.
  • Extract it in mod directory.
  • Enable it.

Note: Tested with elgg 1.8

HOW TO TEST ELGG HAMMER ON YOUR SITE:

I have received tremendous amount of email on how to test Elgg hammer and for this reason, I have included this short description to help those who might have the same question about Elgg hammer.

First, to test Elgg Hammer, you have to install Elgg Hammer "gutwahammer" in your Elgg mod directory, Activate it through Elgg admin plugin page, then  load any page of your Elgg website, refresh it repeatedly or hit Key on your keyboard over and over like bots do, quickly.  Be careful, if you continue refreshing the page repeatedly I promise you! After a few hits, you will get a banned message on your screen "must wait X amount of seconds before you will try again!" ....  which means you have been banned from hammering your own beautiful elgg site...

Attributions / Credits

Tom

Call me the Guy who CLEANS ELGG FROM OUTSIDE ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° ) I am Elgg enthusiast, Entrepreneur, Blogger, and Thinker. Just A Developer and loves the Web

Project Info

Stats

• Category: Themes
  • License: GNU General Public License (GPL) version 2
  • Updated: 1970-1-1
  • Downloads: 3512
  • Recommendations: 10

Other Projects

View Tom's plugins