User Support v1.5

Release Notes:

1.5 (2013-09-18):

• added: Support Staff roles (support staff can perform actions on Support Tickets)
  • added: group FAQ support
  • added: ability to position floating Helpdesk button
  • added: setting to disable conditional help
  • added: optional site and footer menu items
  • added: new plugin settings to control more of the plugin
  • added: My Support Tickets to owner_block menu
  • added: option to promote support ticket to FAQ item
  • added: FAQ search (text and tags)
  • added: Support Ticket search
  • changed: css and js locations
  • changed: page handler for user_support/support_tickets/mine to user_support/support_tickets/owner/username
  • changed: code cleanup
  • fixed: some deprecated urls
  • fixed: only show support ticket entity menu items for correct users

1.4 (2013-04-05):

• added: Help Center can now be viewed as a normal page
  • changed: Elgg 1.8 support

1.3.1:

• fixed: not all comments shown on Support ticket

1.3 (2011-07-29):

• added: option for admins to get notification on create/update support ticket
  • fixed: fancybox css
  • fixed: delete ticket forward error

1.2 (2011-05-27):

• added: option to auto close supoprt tickets
  • changed: layout of a support ticket
  • fixed: unable to display contextual help on front page

1.1 (2011-05-20):

• added: option to select a support group
  • added: search in Help Center now searches in contextual help
  • fixed: Fancybox CSS error in IE

1.0:

•  first release
  • S.Brady.Hussain

oh a new plugin! will try thank you :)

• S.Brady.Hussain

Works perfect no errors at all : )

• Jerome Bakker

@UKID:

Works perfect no errors at all : )

We do try our best. Hope you enjoy all the features

• Tom

@ Jerome Bakker ,  something is wrong somewhere... When the plugin is activated, the site is broken... I will try it again ... using Default elgg theme, and elgg version 1.8.14 ... Even tried moving it to the top and, flushed the catches, deactivated and activated it again, Upgrade ... and still when it is active, the site breaks....

• Jerome Bakker

@Tom:

something is wrong somewhere... When the plugin is activated, the site is broken... I will try it again ... using Default elgg theme, and elgg version 1.8.14 ... Even tried moving it to the top and, flushed the catches, deactivated and activated it again, Upgrade ... and still when it is active, the site breaks....

Have you tried to display php error (likely in .htaccess) maybe this will help to tell where the error comes from.

Do you get a white page of death, or what do you mean by "the site breaks"? Also in the admin area?

• iionly

@Tom: Issue on Elgg 1.8.14... makes me think of a JS issue. Try what happens when you disable simplecache. If it works then, I'm pretty sure it's a JS issue - JS library/libraries not getting properly registered by the plugin. Upgrading to a more recent version of Elgg should fix the issue but upgrading the plugin would not hurt either...

• Tom

@iionly , Thanks for your suggestion. I will try it with another website that i am running with the latest Elgg 1.8.16.

@ Jerome Bakker , Yes the screen is white and has just few links LIke RIPORT THIS... and afew links...

I will try it on elgg 1.8.16 and keep you updated...

• S.Brady.Hussain

works ok on 1.8.1.6

• Krischan

I am using 1.8.14 also, and so far it seems to work just fine.

• Krischan

A FAQ vote option, or utilizing the "like" button  would be nice to sort the questions on the main FAQ page. The "Questions & Answers" plugin does that quite well.

Otherwise a really awesome plugin again, highly recommended!

• Jerome Bakker

@Krischan:

A FAQ vote option, or utilizing the "like" button  would be nice to sort the questions on the main FAQ page. The "Questions & Answers" plugin does that quite well.

Otherwise a really awesome plugin again, highly recommended!

Maybe in a future release ;)

You can already filter FAQ based on the tags they have, so that should help with finding the correct FAQ

• Jerome Bakker

@Tom;

Yes the screen is white and has just few links LIke RIPORT THIS... and afew links...

Sounds like there is a php error, could you enable "display_errors" in the .htaccess. This should tell you where the error occures

• Krischan

The "contextual" help only shows up in the popup view by the way, and it doesn't have an editor enabled to create links or such. Pasting HTML code works fine though luckily.

• Krischan

The changing menu item also does not play well with the menu_builder plugin, but at least those are easy to disable in the settings.

• Krischan

and there is a non-functioning "edit" button in the contextual help that shows up even when no user is logged in.

• Tom

@ Jerome Bakker ,  I tried again to activated it on elgg 1.8.16 and this is the error i get at the footer of my site Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ':' in /home/../public_html/mysite.org/mod/user_support/views/default/user_support/button.php on line 42

• Tom

For now, I had to change this line  mod/user_support/views/default/user_support/button.php on line 42 

From:   $offset = sanitise_int(elgg_get_plugin_setting("float_button_offset", "user_support")!=  "150");          

To : $offset = sanitise_int(elgg_get_plugin_setting("float_button_offset", "user_support")!=  "0");

Just to get the error dissapear.... Then the  button offset was able to be displayed according to admin position selection... However the Admin >> Help Center Settings >> Vertical offset of the floating button setting Pixel (px) could not work as set by admin...

• Tom

@ Jerome Bakker ,  I am having duplicates on the buttons and even the Title is duplicated... to see what  I mean by duplicated titles "View all FAQ items" ... here is the link where this plugin is running  http://myadventhome.org/user_support/faq

• inca

Thank U!

• ura soul

i found that with menu_builder activated the support tickets menu item is added to the end of the menu list and i cannot remove or disable it. when i set the relevant option(s) in the admin panel for the support plugin to choose not to add the menu option for the support tickets, the option is added anyway.

i either need to be able to stop the item being added, or better, to be able to edit the added menu item and move it to be a dropdown item on another pre-existing parent menu item.

• Jerome Bakker

@Tom:

I tried again to activated it on elgg 1.8.16 and this is the error i get at the footer of my site Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ':' in /home/../public_html/mysite.org/mod/user_support/views/default/user_support/button.php on line 42

This maybe an issue with the PHP version, could you tell me which version you are using??

• Jerome Bakker

@Tom

I am having duplicates on the buttons and even the Title is duplicated... to see what  I mean by duplicated titles "View all FAQ items" ... here is the link where this plugin is running  http://myadventhome.org/user_support/faq

This is a problem with your theme, check the two_sidebar view of your theme

• Jerome Bakker

@ura soul:

i found that with menu_builder activated the support tickets menu item is added to the end of the menu list and i cannot remove or disable it. when i set the relevant option(s) in the admin panel for the support plugin to choose not to add the menu option for the support tickets, the option is added anyway.

i either need to be able to stop the item being added, or better, to be able to edit the added menu item and move it to be a dropdown item on another pre-existing parent menu item.

This could be related to plugin order, could you tell me if this problem still occures if menu_builder is after/below user_support

• Krischan

Yes, putting the menu_builder plugin below this plug-in will make the menu entry dissapear.

• Jerome Bakker

@Krischan:

Yes, putting the menu_builder plugin below this plug-in will make the menu entry dissapear.

Thanks for this report, we'll look into how to fix this (probably in menu_builder)

Jerome Bakker

Developer @ ColdTrick IT Solutions

Stats

• Category: Communication
  • License: GNU General Public License (GPL) version 2
  • Updated: 2013-9-18
  • Downloads: 1046
  • Recommendations: 14

Other Projects

View Jerome Bakker's plugins