File Viewer v1.2.0

Release Notes:

Added ffmpeg conversion of video files

Comments

• ura soul

thanks for the update..
    i tested this.
    i enabled the exec parameter in php.ini to ensure ffmpeg could run.

i used the default path for ffmpeg and also manually typed in the path to ffmpeg.

on every occaission the page loaded so fast that i think ffmpeg was not run at all - thus the video still did not play in projekktor.

php log shows:
    PHP message: video/mp4" while reading response header from upstream, client: 127.0.0.1

• Ismayil Kharedinov

Conversion is only performed once and the files are stored in your data folder. Can you check if the videos were converted in your data folder? just grep projekktor

• ura soul

grep -R projekktor in the data folder returns nothing.

• Ismayil Kharedinov

Anything useful in the log? 

• ura soul

not that i have seen so far.. only the types of messages i already shared here.

i am looking at the nginx and php5-fpm logs.

trace level in elgg developers plugin is 'error'

• Ismayil Kharedinov

If you change to Notice in elgg settings, yiu shoukd get a full command that the script is running. Try running it in the command line and see what the console tells you

• ura soul

i just set the logging to as full as i know how to in php.ini.

i uploaded a file and then searched the logs for ffmpeg & projekktor.. nothing was found.

i am seeing a repeated [error] which slightly confusingly has a label beginning with '[notice]' relating to php sessions.

[error] 15321#0: *62 FastCGI sent in stderr: "PHP message: NOTICE: DB query SELECT * from users_sessions where session='fi1kc1p4plkreocvuepinpkvp6' results cached (hash: 1SELECT * from users_sessions where session='fi1kc1p4plkreocvuepinpkvp6')

that's all that i am seeing.

• Ismayil Kharedinov

The notice is from the web services auth token. Not relevant.

A message should be logged whenever a file is converted with the cmd line that was used. Can you try hitting site-url/projekktor/$file_guid/mp4 and see what is logged in tge error log

• ura soul

ok, yes. i see:
    PHP WARNING: 2013-10-27 01:26:42 (BST): "filesize(): stat failed
    (for the file)

• Ismayil Kharedinov

Huh, interesting.  Will investigate next week

• ura soul

i just found this via the browser console too:

HTTP "Content-Type" of "video/mp4" is not supported. Load of media resource http://mysite.com/file/download/nnnn/filename.mp4 failed.
    http://mysite.com/file/view/nnnn/path
    Line 0

• ura soul

i just tested with chromium..
    i was asked to authorise the vlc player plugin and then after that i could play video.

however, there were no controls available and basically no projekktor, just a 'totem' plugin that i have not seen before.

• S.Brady.Hussain

ura soul  vlc player plugin? there is a plugin on elgg for vlc? please i want the link!!! lol ^_^ seriously you mean you have a vlc media player plugin for elgg or? 

• clu55ter

Hi Ismayil thank you for sharing this great plugin with us.

Is there a way of adding microsoft publisher to file viewer?

Thanks

• Ismayil Kharedinov

@clu55ter, welcome. The plugin is scalable and we can add other file types for as long as there is a viewer we can use. If you can find a free service or library that can display .pub files, I will be happy to add it

• bouguima

@Ismayil Khayredinov

hi man,

i found this error when testing plugin onligne please any idea?

• Tauvic Ritter

Hi, first of all thanks for this great plugin. This was just what we are looking for. My only worry is the size of the plugin. Does the plugin load all the vendor specific files /scripts, only the ones that are required to show the content. We don't use video on our site so i hope the browser is not downloading all the video supporting files every time.

• Ismayil Kharedinov

JS/CSS are only loaded where needed

• Tauvic Ritter

I just uploaded a Microsoft OneDrive plugin, that may be interesting to you.

• ura soul

google / youtube has begun censoring and deleting channels who reveal topics that 'some people' want to see denied and buried.
    see:
    http://www.minds.com/blog/view/294228774214438912/the-truth-hurts-mark-dice%E2%80%99s-channel-permanently-deleted-by-youtube-for-%E2%80%9Csevere-violations%E2%80%9D

therefore there will be an increased use for self hosted videos. i intend to move to this format asap, also to use peer 2 peer storage when it's ready.
    so i will be looking at getting the projekktor code running correctly soon too.

• Ismayil Kharedinov

@ura soul, imho, if videos are your primary focus, you should explore CDN options. Self hosting is not a viable solution in the long run.

The projekktor code is running correctly for me, videos are converted and displayed as expected.

• ura soul

the only reliable way to avoid censoring - within the limits of the existing controlled infrastructre of the web, is to either self-host or use a peer-to-peer format. i agree that self hosting alone is insufficient.
    cdns are just as open to abuse and 'being bought out' etc.

i will test projekktor again soon - as i recall i had a variety of problems last time. i'll let you know how that goes. ideally i would like to unify videolist with file/projekktor/embed.

• ura soul

i'm not clear on how projekktor is working ok for you, since when i looked through the code i saw that the projekktor initiation was occuring inline within the js head file, rather than being delayed until document load as is advised here: ww.projekktor.com/docs/quickinstall
    thus i was seeing an error in the console complaining that projekktor did not exist.

i upgraded the version of projekktor to the latest version and also added in the jquery:

$(document).ready(function() {
                   projekktor('video');
             })

now the player does appear to load and there is no error in the browser console.
    however, instead of seeing a video screen, after the initial loading, i just see a blank area of screen..
    i continue!

• ura soul

this is the actual code i am using:

$(document).ready(function() {
                        projekktor('video', playerconfig);
                        projekktor('audio', playerconfig);
             })

Stats

• Category: Third Party integrations
  • License: GNU General Public License (GPL) version 2
  • Updated: 2013-10-25
  • Downloads: 1623