Facebook Timeline Theme

Warning: This plugin has't been updated in over 8 years. It may no longer be maintained.

What you can do to help:

Elgg Timeline theme built for Elgg 1.8 will make your site behave like Facebook Timeline profile and cover photo pages .

by Tom
Last updated
Recommended Releases
Elgg Release Download Date Links
1.121.9 (2.15 MB)2016-Jan-04
1.111.9 (2.15 MB)2016-Jan-04
1.101.9 (2.15 MB)2016-Jan-04
1.91.9 (2.15 MB)2016-Jan-04
Show all releases

Elgg Timeline theme for Elgg 1.9 and above is a theme built for Elgg 1.9 and latest versions that will make your site behave like Facebook Timeline theme.  This theme "timeline_theme" is meant to show the theming capabilities of  Elgg 1.9 and latest versions

Elgg based sites Administrators can allow their members to change Elgg Timeline theme cover photo and even change the looks of the page by "CSS" style sheet settings. Elgg Timeline theme covers work as a background behind your profile picture "avatar" on the Elgg Timeline profile page.

If you like this plugin, recommend it by clicking recommend button next to download button! Recommending Timeline Theme does not help me but will be a time saver for the new users and elgg community members who are  searching for Elgg Theme plugins... 

Disclaimers

• This theme is written for Elgg 1.9 to 1.12.7. It is guaranteed to break on 1.7.
  • If you want to test this theme on your 1.7 version,  I strongly recommend that you upgrade to the latest elgg versions.
  • This theme is not in any way affiliated with Facebook or anyone working at Facebook.
  • This theme has been written without any research into the legality of its use on a production site, therefore I urge you not to use it on a production site until you have done proper research. Use this theme only as an example or starting point, and not as your final theme.

Installation and configuration:

1. copy the Timeline theme for elgg plugin folder into the mod folder on your server,
  2. enable the plugin in the admin section of your site,
  3. Click on Timeline theme setting on the admin section of your site and Hit or click SAVE,
  4. configure the plugin settings (especially which profile fields to be used) on the Timeline Theme plugin settings page.
  5.  Click save and you are ready to go.

Now, users can enter their profile information for the active profile fields.

Addtional installation and configuration options, if the Profile Manager plugin is available:

• You don't need (should not!!) create any profile fields via the Profile Manager plugin settings. The necessary profile fields are created automatically by the Timeline Theme plugin when saving its settings.
  • After you enable the Profile Manager plugin you should re-save the Timeline Theme plugin settings for the profile fields to appear.
  • In case you want to remove any profile fields don't remove them via the Profile Manager plugin settings but disable them via the Timeline theme plugin settings.
  • Also, don't change the profile field names via the Profile Manager settings but make any necessary modifications via the Timeline theme for elgg plugin's language files.

Tom

Call me the Guy who CLEANS ELGG FROM OUTSIDE ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° ) I am Elgg enthusiast, Entrepreneur, Blogger, and Thinker. Just A Developer and loves the Web

Project Info

Stats

• Category: Themes
  • License: GNU General Public License (GPL) version 2
  • Updated: 2016-1-5
  • Downloads: 15702
  • Recommendations: 35

Other Projects

View Tom's plugins