Registration Randomizer v0.1

Release Notes:

Initial release

• Matt Beckett

Nice, I was thinking of doing just this - you beat me to it! (though that's not saying much these days...)

• Shah

Getting Fatal error.... :-(

• Dries

Thanks, wonderful and efficient solution to prevent bots from signing up.

• RJ (Arvixe)

Excellent!!!!

• Brett

@shnawaz - That's not enough information to debug. When making a bug report, always provide error details, Elgg version, and what you did before the error happened.

• Shah

@brett.profitt

So sorry Brett, I'm using Elgg 1.8.19 & getting following error in the login/register page after activating this plugin:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function registration_randomizer_generate_token() in .../mod/registration_randomizer/views/default/output/registration_url.php on line 6

• Shah

And I'm using core theme...

• Brett

Try uploading it again. It sounds like the start.php file didn't get correctly uploaded.

• Shah

@brett.profitt

Hi Brett , still getting Fatal error: Call to undefined function registration_randomizer_generate_token() in .../public_html/mod/registration_randomizer/views/default/output/registration_url.php on line 6

even after fresh upload & install.... :-(

• Brett

A fresh install of stock Elgg gave you that error? If that's true, something is really wrong with your installation. Have you made any changes to the core files?

• Shah

Only few basic changes in look & feel like colors & hide header.

• Brett

Try installation on a stock version of Elgg. I just checked on an unmodified fresh installation and it works. I can't support modified versions of Elgg because I don't know what your modifications are.

• S.Brady.Hussain

will this work with easy theme and ohyestheme?

• Brett

Try it out and let us know!

• Andy1966uk

Great idea. Installed on 1.8.19, works a treat.

• Sylvia

Installed it too on 1.8.19 and it works good (I'm using classic theme).

• ghostobake

Excellent!!!!

• ura soul

just tested this here. when i click the register page, i see a 'page not found' error..

i thought maybe pagehandler_hijack was interacting poorly.. so i stopped hijacking the register pagehandler.. yet the same 'page not found' issue occurred.

Brett

Lead Engineer for Elgg Core

Project Info

Stats

• Category: Uncategorized
  • License: GNU General Public License (GPL) version 2
  • Updated: 2014-3-27
  • Downloads: 277
  • Recommendations: 8

Other Projects

View Brett's plugins