Speak Freely v1.3

Release Notes:

Prevents anonymous user from receiving email if auto-subscribed to a group (possible through group_tools)

Option to set ssl for recaptcha - will prevent chrome from whining about unprotected content if your site runs in ssl.

General code cleanup - please completely remove the old version before uploading the new version

• Elggor

Would it be possible to post pictures too ???

• Matt Beckett

If they're hosted elsewhere, sure.  To use the embed plugin anonymously would require further programming.

• elgg!gal

Matt, I use this one also, and I am wondering...I know your busy and all, but is it possible that you can tell me how I can add a link to the code for someone to be able to register, like this:

These comments are moderated. Your comment will not be visible until reviewed by the content owner. You may also Register for an Account at this website and join for Free.

• Matt Beckett

You can extend the comment view - I don't remember what view that is offhand but if you look at what views this plugin extends you should be able to find it easily enough.

• Libertarian

This works well for photos, videos, files, blogs, bookmarks, events, news, pages, polls.

How can I extend it for Questions? 

• gts fan9

@elgg!gal, I was able to do that by using the Moderate comments plugin (which I suspect you already use) and then modifying 'mod/moderated_comments/languages/en.php' and look for 'moderated_comments:moderated_notice' and modify the string there. 

If you aren't familiar with this sort of thing you should backup the file before altering it and if you use any double quotes you have to escape them first with a backslash like so \".  It worked great here and I was able to add a link to register without issue. :)

Matt Beckett

I'm a self-employed web developer, family man, nerd, scuba diver. Manager/maintainer of this elgg community site, and core Elgg development team member.

Project Info

Stats

• Category: Communication
  • License: GNU General Public License (GPL) version 2
  • Updated: 2012-7-3
  • Downloads: 1748
  • Recommendations: 10

Other Projects

View Matt Beckett's plugins